MEMC Electronic Materials

Updated Jun 14, 2014

3.3

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied online – interviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in October 2012.

2 telephone interview

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in May 2011.

A long detailed phone interview. Typical.

Interview Questions
    • What ideas and development work have you done?   View Answer
    Price compromise.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in October 2010.

MEMC initially solicited me via LinkedIn. After sending a resume, we exchanged several informational emails and phone calls. Later had a phone interview and was invited to come to headquarters to interview. Interview was rescheduled once. On-site interview consisted of: 1 hour presentation on a topic of my choice. 6 more 1:1 interviews. Interviews were very informal and for the most part it seemed the interviewers didn't know what they were looking for. Most of the questions revolved around whether you were willing to travel a lot.

I don't think there was much interest either way after the interview. Best interview question:

"What frustrates you?"

Engineering Tech Interview

interviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in September 2009.

Interview with several engineers and also interview with the engineering manager

Director Interview

Travel to the headquarters site to be interviewed by people at or above the positon for which you are interviewing. These are smart people that are incentivized with their own stock package so they are very selective in who they want to hire. Offers that include stock options are sent to CEO for approval. Salaries have very wide ranges. Do not hesitate to ask the HR representative what the salary range is for your positon. This will help during negotiations.

Operations Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in May 2012.

The interview is group interview and is divided into 3 parts: behavioral interview, technical test and skills (Excel) test. The interview questions or Excel test are not hard. But you need to prepare for your stories and also some knowledge of operations and excel.

People here are very nice and friendly. I enjoy working here.

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in July 2011.

Phone interview followed by whole day at the site followed by a lunch discussion followed by another phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving the current position   View Answer
    Not much. Only joining bonus

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MEMC Electronic Materials in June 2010.

Human Resource contacted via jobstreet to attend initial interview.Attended interview with HR Manager and then with the Managers of several departments which include QA, Manufacturing and Process for introduction and chit chat interview, Managers seem to focus on candidate ability to converse in English clearly by asking common interview question such 'Tell me about yourself' and 'Skills that can be used in MEMC'.

Interview Questions
    • Process Manager asked about my Final Year Project about materials research and asked the process of making a conclusion. The manager wants us ascertain if we can articulate our ideas and have a methodology when approaching problems.   View Answer
    The HR provided information about the salary, the department Ill be attached to and the perks such medicals etc.