METRO Group (Germany) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.2

Software Architect Interview

Interview

The interview process for Metro Systems was quite disappointing. I was contacted by phone by Metro System for a software architect opening. In the phone call we established a meeting for an interview, a week later. HR person supposed to send me a mail for confirmation and all necessary details for the meeting. This email was never sent. With 2 days before I called HR person and she admitted that she forgot about this. Eventually she sent that confirmation email for the interview, but for a another day as we established, a day before. Yet i attended the meeting since it was ok with my schedule. At the meeting, she admitted, once more, that she messed up the date. Anyway, i had the interview. There were 3 guys and the HR lady. We had techincal discussion for more then 1 hour, maybe 1 hour and a half. The interview wen ok, discussion were very opened and topics interesting. But my general impression was that they had no interest in finding a candidate, and the interview took place only because they had to participate. I don't know, maybe they already found a suitable candidate for them. We discussed that I will be contacted by them for an answer, but once more, as I got used with that, I did not receive that answer neither today, many months later. In conclusion, the interview experience with Metro Systems was very disappointing, they were totally unprofessional.

Category & Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2014.

Interview

Online application was done online. Within 1 week I got invitation for a for an phone interview with manager. Interview with manager ~ 30 minutes. The whole process took around 4 weeks

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening about my availability to work in shift and briefly English conversation about myself. Technical interview with specific questions about networking; Soft skills; About availability for working in shifts High competency to solve problems; Questions about past experience at other jobs Questions about education. Test about knowledge of English language

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn`t place for negotiation.

Projektmanager Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2013.

Interview

Nur zwei Phasen, zuerst am Telefon und dann persönlich mit der Abteilungsleitung

Only two phases, fisrt on the phone and another one face to face with the head of the department

Interview Questions

• Alles war so, wie es sein sollte oder man es erwartet.   Everything was as it was supposed or expected to be   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sie haben mir sogar etwas mehr angeboten, als ich gefordert hatte.

They offer me even a little bit more than I asked

Praktikant Controlling Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2012.

Interview

Telefoninterview, ca. 1 Stunde. Gleich nach dem Interview, schickten sie dir Excel- und IQ-Tests per E-Mail. Man musste die Ergebnisdatei in 3 Stunden zurücksenden. Der Test war nicht so schwer, aber es war fast unmöglich, alle Fragen zu beantworten. Nach 1-2 Wochen, erhielt ich ein Praktikumsangebot.

Phone interview in about 1 hour. Then, Right after the interview, they would send you an excel and IQ tests via email. You had to send back the result file in 3 hours. The test was not so difficult but it was almost impossible to complete them all. After 1-2 weeks, I got an intern offer.

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie einen Unterschied zwischen GAAP und IFRS!   Say one example of difference between GAAP and IFRS?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Keine Verhandlungen. Das war festgesetztes Gehalt von 700 € pro Monat.

No negotiation.This was fixed payment 700€/month

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in October 2010.

Interview

About the applied position, competition market, experiences in retail industry. Be confident when communicating and not thinking about the assessment from interviewer, like talk with peers on your experience. Bonus point 4 of 5

Interview Questions

• Why you decide to apply for this job?   1 Answer
    • How you feel your success in this time application?   7 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview with the Human Resources

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job   1 Answer

The salary was too poore

Projektmanager Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in August 2008.

Interview

Zuerst eingestellt auf Basis eines Praktikums (6 Monate), dann zu einem Vorstellungsgespräch eingeladen, um vollzeit anzufangen. Die typischen Fragen beinhalteten mein Hauptfach an der Universität, Noten, wissenschaftliche Ergebnisse, Berufserfahrung, Gehaltsvorstellung, was können Sie in das Unternehmen einbringen?

First employed on an internship basis (6 months), then invited for an interview to start full-time. The typical questions invovled my University Major, Grades, Scholarly Accomplishments, Work Experience, Salary vision, what could you bring into the company?

Interview Questions

• Was ist Ihr Lieblingsbuch und warum?   What is your favourite book and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was konnten Sie verhandeln? Welchen Rat würden Sie anderen geben, die ein Angebot in Erwägung ziehen?