MF Global Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.5

Treasury Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MF Global.

Had a phone interview. Asked questions about resume, even very trivial details. Know your resume inside and out. Was not called back for a second round.

Vice President Interview

Good interviewing experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MF Global in November 2010.

I got the job thru an employee referral, so the interview process was simplified.

Interview Questions
    took a day to append details in the contract

Seiries III Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MF Global in February 2010.

The hiring process was simple and straightforward. I was brought on as a broker and equity raiser. I met which my soon to be manager and then followed up with upper management. The interview consisted as to why I want to be there and my contribution. All said and done, an easy process

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to raise money in this difficult climate? It was in a recession.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MF Global in October 2009.

Small professional team, Asked good questions and from each interviewer about their area of expertise, job description clear, Very slow on follow-up and decision-making

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at MF Global in July 2009.

One on one interview, sales experience and people skills talked about, being comfortable on the phones, cold calling, ability to work on a base plus commission. Series 3 needed for job, if the individual doesn't have it at the time when hired, you need to obtain within first couple months. Also, have to do a 10 year background check (FBI), this took the longest to do.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable on the phones?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to work on commission besides your small base?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation in the salary because most of your money is made on commission for sales and opening new accounts.

Front Office Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MF Global in June 2011.

Comprised of the online application followed by a 40 minute telephone interview which is competency based. Once successful you then have a financial maths test. Pass this then you are invited to a full Assessment day. this consists of individual presentation, group exercise and 1-0n-1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me 3 biggest costs for airlines"   View Answer
    None

Front Office Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Phone screening outsourced to recruitment consultants, then very basic math test and assessment center (group presentation, math test, individual presentation and a couple 1:1 interviews).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of the firm's strategy?   Answer Question
    • What do you know of us? (CEO, main markets,difference with other firms ...)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Graduate Intake Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MF Global in May 2011.

Absolutely disastrous. The company outsources a recruiting agency who has no understanding of what roles they are hiring for. They read questions off a list that was written beforehand and just type the applicant's answer.

would never work for companies who seems to care so little about recruiting.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MF Global in November 2010.

Basic telephonic interview by recruitment/HR administrator confirming basic education and experience details.
    1:1 interview with country office head/general manager followed by long telephonic interview with key personnel in group finance.

Lastly, a background/reference check done by recruitment/HR administrator from previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • Pls. justify yourself as best fit for this senior level role?   Answer Question

Worked for MF Global? Contribute to the Community!