MF Global Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.5

Vice President Interview

Interview

Good interviewing experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MF Global (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got the job thru an employee referral, so the interview process was simplified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took a day to append details in the contract

Seiries III Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MF Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and straightforward. I was brought on as a broker and equity raiser. I met which my soon to be manager and then followed up with upper management. The interview consisted as to why I want to be there and my contribution. All said and done, an easy process

Interview Questions

• How are you going to raise money in this difficult climate? It was in a recession.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MF Global (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Small professional team, Asked good questions and from each interviewer about their area of expertise, job description clear, Very slow on follow-up and decision-making

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MF Global (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

One on one interview, sales experience and people skills talked about, being comfortable on the phones, cold calling, ability to work on a base plus commission. Series 3 needed for job, if the individual doesn't have it at the time when hired, you need to obtain within first couple months. Also, have to do a 10 year background check (FBI), this took the longest to do.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phones?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work on commission besides your small base?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in the salary because most of your money is made on commission for sales and opening new accounts.

FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at MF Global (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy,incomplete and time wasting.I was recommended by recruiter,the hirer who was to be my superior was highly impressed with me.Kept calling back and checking in every few months,eventually told them either hire me or forget about me 9 months later. They hired me.

Front Office Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MF Global (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screening outsourced to recruitment consultants, then very basic math test and assessment center (group presentation, math test, individual presentation and a couple 1:1 interviews).

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the firm's strategy?   Answer Question
    • What do you know of us? (CEO, main markets,difference with other firms ...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Front Office Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Comprised of the online application followed by a 40 minute telephone interview which is competency based. Once successful you then have a financial maths test. Pass this then you are invited to a full Assessment day. this consists of individual presentation, group exercise and 1-0n-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me 3 biggest costs for airlines"   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Graduate Intake Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MF Global (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Absolutely disastrous. The company outsources a recruiting agency who has no understanding of what roles they are hiring for. They read questions off a list that was written beforehand and just type the applicant's answer. would never work for companies who seems to care so little about recruiting.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MF Global in November 2010.

Interview

Basic telephonic interview by recruitment/HR administrator confirming basic education and experience details. 1:1 interview with country office head/general manager followed by long telephonic interview with key personnel in group finance. Lastly, a background/reference check done by recruitment/HR administrator from previous employers.

Interview Questions

• Pls. justify yourself as best fit for this senior level role?   Answer Question