MFA Boston Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at MFA Boston

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MFA Boston.

Applied online and was invited for an interview. It was definitely an intense interview and tested my knowledge. But if you like art it's kinda fun... in a slightly nerve wracking way.

Intern Interview

I applied for a fall internship, didn't get it, but was encouraged to apply again. Then I got the spring internship. The interview was unnecessarily intense for an unpaid position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most and least satisfying work experiences you've had and why.   Answer Question

Department Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MFA Boston.

I applied online and received an email from my department's manager to set up an interview a few weeks later. I scheduled a time with her, and on the day of the interview first met with the woman in HR, who then walked me to the department's office where I met with the dept manager and my immediate manager.

The woman in HR was lovely and easy to talk with - took some of the nervous edge off! That portion of the interview was more general about my experience and past workplaces. We also talked about salary and she shared with me the salary range for the position. Not sure if they would always do this or if she did because she knew it would mean a pay cut for me and wanted to know if I would still be interested in the job knowing that. The departmental part of the interview was more job-specific about my experience and telling me about the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly out of the ordinary. Lots of general questions about my experience and a lot of information on their part telling me about the role and organization.   Answer Question
    Because I had spoken with the HR rep about salary in the interview, I knew that their offer was at the top of the salary range for that position, so I did not try to negotiate. (She told me that they had talked about the possibility of trying to go higher and weren't able to do so.)

Visitor Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MFA Boston in March 2011.

I applied for the volunteer position on June and they emailed me back saying that they are full. On March I got an email for an interview. It was a group interview of five or six people, mostly older, 50+ ladies. Everybody seemed friendly but too competitive for a volunteer position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you've faced in your previous experiences?   Answer Question