MFS

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MFS.

Interviewed in the Boston office. Had three separate one on one interviews with the internal sales managers. Most questions were personality based and a few were general market questions. Had very little experience interviewing at a financial services firms and did not receive an offer.

Q Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source – interviewed at MFS in February 2014.

Phone interview with HR. 15 minutes.
    asked about past experience at last job and salary requirements
    In person interview with HR first. Asked for references
    Interview with Q&A manager. 30 minutes. Questions both behavioral and technical. Asked for examples. Very direct and abrupt.

Sales & Relationship Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at MFS.

Their recruiter reached out to me initially to ask me some qualifying questions. She then was going to show my resume to the hiring manager and decide if they'd proceed. Once I got there, I met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes. She was very nice. The hiring manager was very friendly and it was a pretty standard interview. She went over the position and the team. She asked me to walk me through my resume. It wasn't so much a mutual discussion to see what I'd accomplished and if I was a good fit, but just my main daily responsibilities. After the interview I wrote thank you notes to both the recruiter and manager. Never heard back from the recruiter but the manager said Id hear back in two weeks. Never heard back from either of them telling me I didn't get the job.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MFS in October 2013.

Phone interview followed by multiple in person interviews.

Institutional Sales Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MFS in October 2012.

The interview was very long, close to three hours, but I got to meet with everyone that I was to work with. They came in in pairs of two and all asked similar questions. Most of them were behavior based. It was a fairly standard interview that just happened multiple times with each new set of people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a time when I broke the rules. They wanted me to specify the scenario, why I thought my actions were okay or in hindsight not okay, and whether or not I would do anything differently in the future.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my salary as this was an internship through my school. The expectation was that we wouldn't negotiate as we were told what they pay was before we applied.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MFS in July 2011.

This was an informational interview, so the interviewer asked basically no questions, and you had to talk and ask your questions for approximately a half an hour. Basically just going through your resume, interests, why you want to work there, etc.

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MFS in May 2010.

In my research of the company I read that they have an open door policy, and from my experience this rings true. This is also one of their core values. I contacted a Linked in connection who is Sr. Managing Director to see if he could get my information in front of the hiring manager. The hiring manager was also a Director of the company. Both Managers had long careers at MFS. They were very respectful and helpful and nice. The recruiter seemed disinterested however the administrative person who helped schedule everything was very efficient. The office space is in Back Bay and a beautiful building with incredible views. It is my opinion that this would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was cordial and was conversational in tone it was very informative. There were no difficult questions the difficulty is in getting an interview.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MFS in October 2009.

I was contact by and performed a phone interview. I was then called in to the office to have a meeting with the direct manager and the senior manage.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you accept this position coming from your previous position?   Answer Question
    went well. They were willing to work with me on some issues, but were strict to a limited start date.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MFS in March 2008.

I interviewed for a hot job, so they moved pretty quick. But I had to go through a total of 9 interviews, including one phone screen and a feedback session. I met a total of 8 people-- 1 HR rep, Hiring Manager, Sr.Manager - Vice President, CIO - Senior Vice President,two other Business Systems Analyst Managers, One Vice President from Investment Operations and One team member/Senior Business Systems Analyst. Interview process was very well planned and thorough, everybody read my resume and was well prepared with questions.

Interview Questions
    • I would say, I was asked three very unexpected questions : A Business Systems Analyst Manager asked me 1) to calculate variation margin on a futures position   View Answer
    • 2) Difference between Floating rate and a Variable rate ( This question and the answer from him did not make sense to me)   View Answer
    • Another surprise was from CIO - The very first question from him was "what is so tough about fixed income?". I was not expecting such a question from a Senior Vice President.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate much

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MFS in March 2008.

Required just 1 interview visit with 2 managers. Nothing out of the ordinary in the interviews...no wierd questions thrown my way.

I did not negotiate the offer but that's not to say you can't.