MFS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MFS.

Interview Details – Interviewed in the Boston office. Had three separate one on one interviews with the internal sales managers. Most questions were personality based and a few were general market questions. Had very little experience interviewing at a financial services firms and did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me in detail about the 2008 banking crisis.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at MFS

Interview Details – HR was far more co-operative than the interviewer. Initial discussion led me to believe that politics run very high in the group and the person I spoke with clearly had the attitude of I am high above every one else. If you can play the game its the right place to work .

Interview Question – Questions included on interaction with business, project costing etc.   View Answer

Equity Research Summer Associate Interview

Equity Research Summer Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MFS.

Interview Details – 1st Round phone call with a Equity Research Analyst. I was asked about my background and then asked to give a stock pitch.

Interview Question – No surprises   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MFS in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by multiple in person interviews.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked.   View Answer

Institutional Sales Co-Op Interview

Institutional Sales Co-Op
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MFS in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very long, close to three hours, but I got to meet with everyone that I was to work with. They came in in pairs of two and all asked similar questions. Most of them were behavior based. It was a fairly standard interview that just happened multiple times with each new set of people.

Interview Question – I was asked about a time when I broke the rules. They wanted me to specify the scenario, why I thought my actions were okay or in hindsight not okay, and whether or not I would do anything differently in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my salary as this was an internship through my school. The expectation was that we wouldn't negotiate as we were told what they pay was before we applied.

Sales & Relationship Management Coordinator Interview

Sales & Relationship Management Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at MFS.

Interview Details – Their recruiter reached out to me initially to ask me some qualifying questions. She then was going to show my resume to the hiring manager and decide if they'd proceed. Once I got there, I met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes. She was very nice. The hiring manager was very friendly and it was a pretty standard interview. She went over the position and the team. She asked me to walk me through my resume. It wasn't so much a mutual discussion to see what I'd accomplished and if I was a good fit, but just my main daily responsibilities. After the interview I wrote thank you notes to both the recruiter and manager. Never heard back from the recruiter but the manager said Id hear back in two weeks. Never heard back from either of them telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MFS in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was connected to MFS through a friend of mine who formerly worked there.

I arrived at their Boston office and was met by their HR specialist. The interview was primarily personality based. They don't expect entry level applications to know much about the Mutual Funds industry prior to beginning work there.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked, but rather personality questions. They really just want to get to know you.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at MFS

Interview Details – Recruiter, telephone, in person.

Interview Question – Why this company?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MFS in March 2008.

Interview Details – Required just 1 interview visit with 2 managers. Nothing out of the ordinary in the interviews...no wierd questions thrown my way.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the offer but that's not to say you can't.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MFS in March 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a hot job, so they moved pretty quick. But I had to go through a total of 9 interviews, including one phone screen and a feedback session. I met a total of 8 people-- 1 HR rep, Hiring Manager, Sr.Manager - Vice President, CIO - Senior Vice President,two other Business Systems Analyst Managers, One Vice President from Investment Operations and One team member/Senior Business Systems Analyst. Interview process was very well planned and thorough, everybody read my resume and was well prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• I would say, I was asked three very unexpected questions : A Business Systems Analyst Manager asked me 1) to calculate variation margin on a futures position   View Answer
  • 2) Difference between Floating rate and a Variable rate ( This question and the answer from him did not make sense to me)   View Answer
  • Another surprise was from CIO - The very first question from him was "what is so tough about fixed income?". I was not expecting such a question from a Senior Vice President.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much

Worked for MFS? Contribute to the Community!