MGH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Advertising Account Executive
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MGH in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter online. Was contacted by HR to come in for interview. Was interviewed by 4 members of account management staff in addition to HR rep. Continued communication after interviews and was asked for writing sample and references.

Interview Question – I did not find interview questions to be difficult. It was a more free flowing conversation about capabilities and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate

Patient Care Observer Interview

Patient Care Observer

Interviewed at MGH

Interview Details – call to schedule interview, scheduled interview than hired

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and interviewed at MGH.

Interview Details – Application, followed by e-mail and Skype interview followed by an 1 day interview day including a 45 min. Presentation.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MGH.

Interview Details – Was contacted a week after submitting my application. Invited in for interview without phone screening. Took two hours; met with four members of the team.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist

Interviewed at MGH

Interview Details – Phone interview which lasted 3 minutes. Generally went through your resume and tried to assess whether your skills were what they were looking for. They tell you about their project and you et to ask questions.

Interview Question – How the cells are passages?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at MGH in April 2013.

Interview Details – Email and phone call

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MGH.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. Got an email from the lab director. Set up a time to interview.

Interview Question – Most questions were just about my resume and experience.   Answer Question

Research Technician I Interview

Research Technician I
South Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MGH in January 2012.

Interview Details – tough. You have to prepare

Interview Question – why do you chose this place   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at MGH in November 2010.

Interview Details – Emailed resume as response to job posting, heard back two weeks later by phone and email to schedule interview for the following week.

Interview was at 9 am and started on time. I met with a current research assistant who was very friendly, did not ask much, just for a brief overview of my experience. She told me a little bit about the position.

Next, met with the lab director. We spoke more in-depth about my experience and the position. He was very approachable, not intimidating at all.

Last, I met with a post-doc in the lab. She hadn't been given a copy of my CV previously so I gave her a copy. She glanced it over and asked a few questions about various positions, then asked more about my career aspirations. She seemed nice but unprepared for the interview due to miscommunication.

Interview Questions

Research Technician I Interview

Research Technician I
Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGH in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straight forward. Emailed letter of interest and updated resume. Then phone phone interview and 1 to 1 interview in person. It may have helped that a current research person referred me for the position.

Interview Question – Standard questions about my experience and interest in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not seem room to negotiate given the position was financed by a limited grant.

Worked for MGH? Contribute to the Community!