MGM Grand Hotel

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.9

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

I met with 3 different managers on three visits. Very inefficient. Went through many interviews and offered a job. Their HR site is from the 90s and glitches my application. Never got hired. If they changed their minds on hiring me, they should have just told me.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

The Hiring process is very slow for Managers so brace yourself. It took me 5 months to get hired and I interviewed with 6 different people. They are huge on behavioral questions they want to know more of what you have done not what you say you would do in a situation.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of one but they do ask a lot of questions   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in October 2014.

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Foodserver Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

It was very casual. He just basically wanted to see what kind of person he was interviewing. He told me later that you can determine whether or not a person is qualified to work at your place of business from their work experience/resume. What's more important is seeing if they can integrate themselves with the current team.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, he asked me to describe myself. It's a little weird talking about yourself to someone you just met.   Answer Question
    No, no negotiation took place.

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question

Security Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2014.

Be careful with this. They will announce for security supervisor or security officer II. Will not happen. I asked why, and was told "that's the way we do it". I then asked why do you post it, again, I was told "that's the way we do it, (border on rude) your experience does not matter. I have a little over 20 of law enforcement, ie; police officer, told they don't care and they do not make exceptions.

Let me explain this is not at all the MGM properties, just at the Grand as far as I know, as for Veterans status, I actually belie the guy I talked with doesn't want veterans, yes this was at the Veterans Job Fair, I can only believe he didn't want any competition.

Corporate Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

I applied online via their mgmresorts career site. I first had a phone conversation with the head of the small marketing team. He asked me very general questions just to see if I'm able to fit with the team. After about a week later, he emailed me back to set up a group interview with my potential future co-workers. That interview was very technical in nature and including a marketing question as well.

Interview Questions
    • During the group panel interview, I was asked database/sql questions such as selecting the first five rows in a database and I was also asked about market segmentation.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Phone screening with Staffing Specialist; initial interview with Training Director and Training Manager (work sample requested; short-term project assigned); second interview with Training Director and VP of Human Resources (assignment reviewed)

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in April 2012.

They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions
    They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in October 2009.

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.