MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

Front Desk Agent Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in March 2010.

Resume, ask general questions about the company, ask your interest, tell some thing about my self. Ask some situation and how did you handle it. Ask the time you can work and what kind of skills you can bring it to the company. Overall the process is looking for the personality.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Phone screening with Staffing Specialist; initial interview with Training Director and Training Manager (work sample requested; short-term project assigned); second interview with Training Director and VP of Human Resources (assignment reviewed)

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in October 2009.

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in April 2012.

They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions
    They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2008.

Detailed background check due to Michigan Gaming Commission licensing. Some what slow.

Interview Questions
    • If you can't or don't want to discuss your entire life's finances and relationships, criminal history, drug use dont apply here. This of it like going to work for the FBI.   Answer Question

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question

Security Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2014.

Be careful with this. They will announce for security supervisor or security officer II. Will not happen. I asked why, and was told "that's the way we do it". I then asked why do you post it, again, I was told "that's the way we do it, (border on rude) your experience does not matter. I have a little over 20 of law enforcement, ie; police officer, told they don't care and they do not make exceptions.

Let me explain this is not at all the MGM properties, just at the Grand as far as I know, as for Veterans status, I actually belie the guy I talked with doesn't want veterans, yes this was at the Veterans Job Fair, I can only believe he didn't want any competition.

Corporate Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

I applied online via their mgmresorts career site. I first had a phone conversation with the head of the small marketing team. He asked me very general questions just to see if I'm able to fit with the team. After about a week later, he emailed me back to set up a group interview with my potential future co-workers. That interview was very technical in nature and including a marketing question as well.

Interview Questions
    • During the group panel interview, I was asked database/sql questions such as selecting the first five rows in a database and I was also asked about market segmentation.   Answer Question

Worked for MGM Grand Hotel? Contribute to the Community!