MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.9

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in March 2010.

Interview

Resume, ask general questions about the company, ask your interest, tell some thing about my self. Ask some situation and how did you handle it. Ask the time you can work and what kind of skills you can bring it to the company. Overall the process is looking for the personality.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Phone screening with Staffing Specialist; initial interview with Training Director and Training Manager (work sample requested; short-term project assigned); second interview with Training Director and VP of Human Resources (assignment reviewed)

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

I met with 3 different managers on three visits. Very inefficient. Went through many interviews and offered a job. Their HR site is from the 90s and glitches my application. Never got hired. If they changed their minds on hiring me, they should have just told me.

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing lately.   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with budgeting?   1 Answer
    • How do you get along with others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in July 2008.

Interview

Detailed background check due to Michigan Gaming Commission licensing. Some what slow.

Interview Questions

• If you can't or don't want to discuss your entire life's finances and relationships, criminal history, drug use dont apply here. This of it like going to work for the FBI.   Answer Question

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question

Foodserver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

It was very casual. He just basically wanted to see what kind of person he was interviewing. He told me later that you can determine whether or not a person is qualified to work at your place of business from their work experience/resume. What's more important is seeing if they can integrate themselves with the current team.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, he asked me to describe myself. It's a little weird talking about yourself to someone you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, no negotiation took place.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

The Hiring process is very slow for Managers so brace yourself. It took me 5 months to get hired and I interviewed with 6 different people. They are huge on behavioral questions they want to know more of what you have done not what you say you would do in a situation.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one but they do ask a lot of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.