MGM Grand Hotel

Updated Feb 9, 2014

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews

Corporate Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview Details – I applied online via their mgmresorts career site. I first had a phone conversation with the head of the small marketing team. He asked me very general questions just to see if I'm able to fit with the team. After about a week later, he emailed me back to set up a group interview with my potential future co-workers. That interview was very technical in nature and including a marketing question as well.

Interview Question – During the group panel interview, I was asked database/sql questions such as selecting the first five rows in a database and I was also asked about market segmentation.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview Details – Phone screening with Staffing Specialist; initial interview with Training Director and Training Manager (work sample requested; short-term project assigned); second interview with Training Director and VP of Human Resources (assignment reviewed)

System Engineer Interview

System Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2008.

Interview Details – Detailed background check due to Michigan Gaming Commission licensing. Some what slow.

Interview Question – If you can't or don't want to discuss your entire life's finances and relationships, criminal history, drug use dont apply here. This of it like going to work for the FBI.   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in April 2012.

Interview Details – They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in March 2010.

Interview Details – Resume, ask general questions about the company, ask your interest, tell some thing about my self. Ask some situation and how did you handle it. Ask the time you can work and what kind of skills you can bring it to the company. Overall the process is looking for the personality.

Interview Question – What kind of conflict have I ever had before?   Answer Question

General Food and Beverage Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in October 2009.

Interview Details – After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Question – What have you been doing lately.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MGM Grand Hotel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MGM Grand Hotel interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by MGM Grand Hotel employees and interview candidates.