MGM Resorts International

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – First went through an initial screening. After a week, received an interview with the Revenue Analyst director. Director was very professional and nice. We spoke about each others journey to be where we are. He asked general behavioral questions and also some technical questions about my abilities using excel formulas and programming abilities with SQL. However, I didnt have any experience with SQL. We got along well so he referred me to a position lower called the Channel Distribution Analyst. That interview was mainly all behavioral and I did not get that position either.

Interview Question – How is your programming skills with SQL?   Answer Question

Hotel Operations Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – There was a Skype interview with a panel of 7 training managers from various resorts and each manger as two questions. After the panel interview the if an individual manager was interested they would contact you to offer you a job or do a second one on one interview.

Interview Question – Tell us what you think our company culture is like.   Answer Question

In Room Dining Assistant Manager Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2011.

Interview Details – What I didn't realize was how desperate the Aria Hotel was for managers. Little discussion during the interview, then a few days later a job offer was made.

Interview Question – None asked. Simply they discussed the job and contacted me a few days later after background and made an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. MGM Resorts Int. uses a number system for compensation. assistant manager is a 9. this translates into $38,000-$42,000.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – It was straight forward. I interviewed with 4 people. They were all very pleasant. The landscape has since changed, but I loved my job at MGM. The HR recruiter properly set my expectations and From my very first interview to the point of receiving a offer letter took only 2 weeks.

Interview Question – There was nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Reservations Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – It was a very quick process. I applied and was called the next day to set up an interview. The interview consisted of taking a typing test and then speaking with one of the managers followed by an HR person.

Interview Question – What job have you enjoyed having the most? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The base pay is the same for everyone.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – Lengthy Hiring Process with corporate process and property hiring process. Once you have the interview you must show them you are there to grow and learn. They want to see and hire people that have potential grow opporunity.

Interview Question – Questions based on previous experience or what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview Details – Surprisingly I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview seemed somewhat rushed. I was there for all of 15 minutes for the first interview and probably about the same amount of time for the second interview. I was called the following day and offered a job. I only accepted the offer because I was out of work for 3 months.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions. Just the basics: experience, what type of work environment I prefer, etc. I was not even asked salary requirements or when I was available to start working. To be honest I was shocked at how easy the interview was. I felt as though the department was desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2011.

Interview Details – Short and painless, was hired withing a week of interview

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, very traditional settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Director of Aviation Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was applying for the position from within the company. The initial interview was a series of questions where you were asked about the best and worst employer/employee/co-worker and what their strengths and weaknesses were. It was the most unusual interview I ever had. The second interview was with a consultant who asked a series of questions about how you handled personnel issues in the past.

Interview Question – What are you prepared to do with an employee who refuses to be a team player?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was recomended by a friend

Interview Question – Just quetions about excel usage level   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked me how much I want to make any they accepted

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MGM Resorts International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MGM Resorts International interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by MGM Resorts International employees and interview candidates.