MGM Resorts International Interview Questions & Reviews

42 interviews

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Very detailed and focused on experience and capabilities of candidate. Went through one on one interview as well as interviews with VP, Retail HR, random Store Manager, and small panel interview. Most questions were redundant but were focused on customer service experience. They were fine with my lack of management experience and relied heavily on the referral I received.

None

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Received phone call scheduling interview. Arrived at interview, pool supervisor and one of the pool leads were in the office. Supervisor asked questions and wrote some stuff down, while the lead observed and asked a few more questions at the end. Received another call a few days later, took drug test, went to wardrobe to get uniform. Went to supervisor to get whistle and card key.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult or surprising. Just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2013.

The hiring process took about nine weeks from initial interview to job offer. Be prepared to take an excel exam, it's not too difficult. Know basics. The test varies from knowing how to save a spreadsheet to V-Lookups. They like people who are eager to learn, pay attention to detail and take good notes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Definitely know your excel or else they won't even interview you. The interview itself included basic interview questions like "How have you handled a challenging situation in a past job?" One weird question was "how many square feet would you guess this room is?" I assume they ask a question like that just to see how you think and solve problems.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

First went through an initial screening. After a week, received an interview with the Revenue Analyst director. Director was very professional and nice. We spoke about each others journey to be where we are. He asked general behavioral questions and also some technical questions about my abilities using excel formulas and programming abilities with SQL. However, I didnt have any experience with SQL. We got along well so he referred me to a position lower called the Channel Distribution Analyst. That interview was mainly all behavioral and I did not get that position either.

Hotel Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

There was a Skype interview with a panel of 7 training managers from various resorts and each manger as two questions. After the panel interview the if an individual manager was interested they would contact you to offer you a job or do a second one on one interview.

In Room Dining Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2011.

What I didn't realize was how desperate the Aria Hotel was for managers. Little discussion during the interview, then a few days later a job offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • None asked. Simply they discussed the job and contacted me a few days later after background and made an offer.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. MGM Resorts Int. uses a number system for compensation. assistant manager is a 9. this translates into $38,000-$42,000.

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

It was straight forward. I interviewed with 4 people. They were all very pleasant. The landscape has since changed, but I loved my job at MGM. The HR recruiter properly set my expectations and From my very first interview to the point of receiving a offer letter took only 2 weeks.

Reservations Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

It was a very quick process. I applied and was called the next day to set up an interview. The interview consisted of taking a typing test and then speaking with one of the managers followed by an HR person.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The base pay is the same for everyone.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Lengthy Hiring Process with corporate process and property hiring process. Once you have the interview you must show them you are there to grow and learn. They want to see and hire people that have potential grow opporunity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions based on previous experience or what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Market Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Surprisingly I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview seemed somewhat rushed. I was there for all of 15 minutes for the first interview and probably about the same amount of time for the second interview. I was called the following day and offered a job. I only accepted the offer because I was out of work for 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions. Just the basics: experience, what type of work environment I prefer, etc. I was not even asked salary requirements or when I was available to start working. To be honest I was shocked at how easy the interview was. I felt as though the department was desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Worked for MGM Resorts International? Contribute to the Community!