MGM Resorts International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.7

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in August 2014.

Interview

They had the most unique interview I've ever been through. They called it "Adventure Dome Idol" and told us that we were "auditioning," not interviewing. We had to dance, do customer role-play, create a skit with other people, and we got to ride a ride for free. After all of this, we had an interview alone.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. They were entirely inflexible. It was either you go do these orientations these days and times or you don't get the job, no matter what your excuse.

Cleaning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online at mgm careers and it took atleast 2 weeks for a call back! went to the interview, its almost 2 weeks still haven't heard anything!! I hope soon

PMO Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

External recruited reached out to me for this position. After initial phone screen met various members of the CIO staff and the CIO on site to discuss the opportunity. Some major challenges and opportunities in the organization. Interviews were thorough. Not a match and their decision was done by the next business day.

Facilities are in a brand-new building away from downtown but close enough (15-20 min. taxi ride). Friendly atmosphere.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Received phone call scheduling interview. Arrived at interview, pool supervisor and one of the pool leads were in the office. Supervisor asked questions and wrote some stuff down, while the lead observed and asked a few more questions at the end. Received another call a few days later, took drug test, went to wardrobe to get uniform. Went to supervisor to get whistle and card key.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult or surprising. Just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

First went through an initial screening. After a week, received an interview with the Revenue Analyst director. Director was very professional and nice. We spoke about each others journey to be where we are. He asked general behavioral questions and also some technical questions about my abilities using excel formulas and programming abilities with SQL. However, I didnt have any experience with SQL. We got along well so he referred me to a position lower called the Channel Distribution Analyst. That interview was mainly all behavioral and I did not get that position either.

Hotel Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

There was a Skype interview with a panel of 7 training managers from various resorts and each manger as two questions. After the panel interview the if an individual manager was interested they would contact you to offer you a job or do a second one on one interview.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

It was straight forward. I interviewed with 4 people. They were all very pleasant. The landscape has since changed, but I loved my job at MGM. The HR recruiter properly set my expectations and From my very first interview to the point of receiving a offer letter took only 2 weeks.

Golf Course Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Primm, NV

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Primm, NV).

Interview

Telephone reply to published ad.

Interview Questions

• Hospitality, customer service, and golf course / play acumen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

It was a very quick process. I applied and was called the next day to set up an interview. The interview consisted of taking a typing test and then speaking with one of the managers followed by an HR person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The base pay is the same for everyone.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2014.

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward. Submitted my application beginning of the school semester and heard back from them in February. Got a basic phone screening asking if I was still interested and then set up a Skype interview. The Skype interview was very straight forward just behavioral questions and cultural fit questions. Got a job offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• All straight forward questions. Please tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at MGM? What makes you a good fit for the position?   Answer Question