MGM Resorts International

Updated Jan 10, 2015

2.7

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Received phone call scheduling interview. Arrived at interview, pool supervisor and one of the pool leads were in the office. Supervisor asked questions and wrote some stuff down, while the lead observed and asked a few more questions at the end. Received another call a few days later, took drug test, went to wardrobe to get uniform. Went to supervisor to get whistle and card key.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult or surprising. Just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

First went through an initial screening. After a week, received an interview with the Revenue Analyst director. Director was very professional and nice. We spoke about each others journey to be where we are. He asked general behavioral questions and also some technical questions about my abilities using excel formulas and programming abilities with SQL. However, I didnt have any experience with SQL. We got along well so he referred me to a position lower called the Channel Distribution Analyst. That interview was mainly all behavioral and I did not get that position either.

Hotel Operations Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

There was a Skype interview with a panel of 7 training managers from various resorts and each manger as two questions. After the panel interview the if an individual manager was interested they would contact you to offer you a job or do a second one on one interview.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

It was straight forward. I interviewed with 4 people. They were all very pleasant. The landscape has since changed, but I loved my job at MGM. The HR recruiter properly set my expectations and From my very first interview to the point of receiving a offer letter took only 2 weeks.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

It was a very quick process. I applied and was called the next day to set up an interview. The interview consisted of taking a typing test and then speaking with one of the managers followed by an HR person.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The base pay is the same for everyone.

Corporate Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2014.

Process was pretty straight forward. Submitted my application beginning of the school semester and heard back from them in February. Got a basic phone screening asking if I was still interested and then set up a Skype interview. The Skype interview was very straight forward just behavioral questions and cultural fit questions. Got a job offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • All straight forward questions. Please tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at MGM? What makes you a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Lengthy Hiring Process with corporate process and property hiring process. Once you have the interview you must show them you are there to grow and learn. They want to see and hire people that have potential grow opporunity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions based on previous experience or what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Surprisingly I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview seemed somewhat rushed. I was there for all of 15 minutes for the first interview and probably about the same amount of time for the second interview. I was called the following day and offered a job. I only accepted the offer because I was out of work for 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions. Just the basics: experience, what type of work environment I prefer, etc. I was not even asked salary requirements or when I was available to start working. To be honest I was shocked at how easy the interview was. I felt as though the department was desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in November 2013.

Was recomended by a friend

Interview Questions
    asked me how much I want to make any they accepted

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

I applied online, about 2 months later I received a phone call, the interview was set up with the Operations Manager. She showed up 15 minutes late (once you get the job, she is very strict that you are on time for ANY meeting), very easy interview. She told me that she would be in contact which she was, about 1 month later. She told me that someone else was supposed to have called me but she went ahead and did it. she scheduled me with the Director of F&B where she asked very few questions. She offered me the job, asked how long of a notice I would have to give for my current employer (at the time). I gave the answer at least 2 weeks, she told me that was too long (this should have told me what to expect). They promised me roses, caviar and champagne but provided me with frequent 6 and 7 day weeks with multiple doubles with less than 6 hour turn a rounds. Oh yeah, they hire based on your looks (image) so dress to impress. If you doubt this information because I sound like a bitter ex employee.... I have proof and talk to any of the current managers prior to working there or better yet, become their FB friends and read what they say.

Interview Questions
    • how do you measure the productivity of your staff? BTW, the only way that they want you to measure the employees is through documentation all be it positive or negative. That doesn't measure, it is the answer to the question.   View Answer
    Simple, they tell you what they want to give you and that it was a complicated formula packed with details like, experience in casinos, restaurants, time in management level in management etc.... but they really just start everyone out at the minimum with the promise of caviar, roses and champagne.