MGM Resorts International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.7

Non-Gaming Audit/Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in August 2012.

I applied online for this position and received a phone call for a request to take an Excel test at the corporate location. This was also the job location. The environment was very upscale professional and a bit stuffy for my taste. The administrative assistant who met with me was quiet and not overly friendly but polite.

Interview Questions
    • The test consisted of about 12 tabs on an Excel spreadsheet that was created by someone at MGM. It was not a Kenexa or other third-party type test. The position stated that you needed intermediate knowledge. It was not a success for me because I have used intermediate formulas but on a very limited basis so I got confused on some of the questions. But for someone who has worked with Excel on a daily basis using pivot tables, vlookups and other types of intermediate functions you should be fine. I politely took myself out of the running as I was unable to finish the one-hour test on Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2012.

Basic behavioral interview questions (e.g. What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.)

Interview Questions
    Accept it or don't. No negotiation.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2012.

Long

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in December 2011.

Applied online; within 30 days received an interview request; interviewed; within 30 days of interview received pre-employment drug test request. I am now hoping for an offer letter (?). Interview questions were "standard" questions from HR; interviewer did not deviate; which I think promotes fairness across interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is a policy at a previous job you would have liked to see changed?   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in November 2011.

It was at the Mgm/Mirage International buildings. The interviewer was very nice but was not expecting another person to be in the room. The interviewer seemed to have overbooked his day and about 20 minutes into the interview, he said he needed to go and had another meeting in 5 minutes. The environment seemed fun and laid back.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in October 2011.

I applied online and was frankly surprised to get invited for an interview due to my lack of experience (even though this is an entry-level position compared to the other positions they have available). So we set up and interview. I went to their headquarters and was greeted by the person in charge. He took me into a room with 2 other members of his team, both are web/graphic designers.

The actual interview was average, however, being new to interviews, I stumbled on a few questions that should've been a snap. If you're experienced at interviewing or have a naturally prepared personality, then you're probably going to ace this. I also had to bring in my portfolio for them to review as well. They are very laid-back people and not people in suits and blazers.

I did not get an offer, but it was a valuable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with any difficult clients? How did you resolve the problem?   View Answer

In Room Dining Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2011.

What I didn't realize was how desperate the Aria Hotel was for managers. Little discussion during the interview, then a few days later a job offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • None asked. Simply they discussed the job and contacted me a few days later after background and made an offer.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. MGM Resorts Int. uses a number system for compensation. assistant manager is a 9. this translates into $38,000-$42,000.

Training Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2011.

I was called and we spoke then i was asked if i wanted to take a skills test. I took the skills test then i never heard back from them. I found out on their website i was no long in the running for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the items that I need to work or change about myself?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2011.

Short and painless, was hired withing a week of interview

No negotiation

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in December 2010.

it was broad, could have been more detailed

Interview Questions
    their was no negotiation phase... it was take it or leave it