MGM Resorts International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2012.

Basic behavioral interview questions (e.g. What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.)

Interview Questions
    Accept it or don't. No negotiation.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2012.

Long

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in December 2011.

Applied online; within 30 days received an interview request; interviewed; within 30 days of interview received pre-employment drug test request. I am now hoping for an offer letter (?). Interview questions were "standard" questions from HR; interviewer did not deviate; which I think promotes fairness across interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is a policy at a previous job you would have liked to see changed?   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in November 2011.

It was at the Mgm/Mirage International buildings. The interviewer was very nice but was not expecting another person to be in the room. The interviewer seemed to have overbooked his day and about 20 minutes into the interview, he said he needed to go and had another meeting in 5 minutes. The environment seemed fun and laid back.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in October 2011.

I applied online and was frankly surprised to get invited for an interview due to my lack of experience (even though this is an entry-level position compared to the other positions they have available). So we set up and interview. I went to their headquarters and was greeted by the person in charge. He took me into a room with 2 other members of his team, both are web/graphic designers.

The actual interview was average, however, being new to interviews, I stumbled on a few questions that should've been a snap. If you're experienced at interviewing or have a naturally prepared personality, then you're probably going to ace this. I also had to bring in my portfolio for them to review as well. They are very laid-back people and not people in suits and blazers.

I did not get an offer, but it was a valuable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with any difficult clients? How did you resolve the problem?   View Answer

In Room Dining Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2011.

What I didn't realize was how desperate the Aria Hotel was for managers. Little discussion during the interview, then a few days later a job offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • None asked. Simply they discussed the job and contacted me a few days later after background and made an offer.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. MGM Resorts Int. uses a number system for compensation. assistant manager is a 9. this translates into $38,000-$42,000.

Training Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2011.

I was called and we spoke then i was asked if i wanted to take a skills test. I took the skills test then i never heard back from them. I found out on their website i was no long in the running for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the items that I need to work or change about myself?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2011.

Short and painless, was hired withing a week of interview

No negotiation

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in December 2010.

it was broad, could have been more detailed

Interview Questions
    their was no negotiation phase... it was take it or leave it

Training, Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in June 2010.

The process is very formal. A long, formal application must be filled out for a specific position. When you are called for an interview, it is more a "screening". Dress very formal and conservative; HR at this company is very traditional. Once you pass the screening, you go on to meet the hiring manager, and often the entire team you will be working with and feedback will be solicited from everyone. Education is not the most valued asset. Job skills are valued, and especially experience in the Casino industry, or at the very least, hospitality. Depending on the department and/or property, the level of formality and number of interviews goes on and is then driven more by that individual departments' culture.
    Mine is at corporate, so it is very formal. To go into training, even if not as a trainer, because you may need to sub for a trainer, the process always includes a presentation piece in front of a panel, and watch out - that panel may include your VP! Don't ham it up too much, again, formal, traditional, corporate HR is the audience - so fun is good, but in moderation, and appropriate because we train everyone - from line level employees up through the tallest ranks in leadership (there is a leadership academy here as well). Personality is a big part - can you get along with many different types of people? Ultimately, the person who has the right combination of passion, professionalism, friendliness, and the subject matter expert gets hired. It helps to have read the latest books, gone to the latest seminars, and be up on the latest trends. The interviewing department has been so entrenched in the "doing" portion of the job that sometimes, continuing education gets overlooked, so if you know all the new stuff, you are an asset. Just don't boast - it could come across as threatening to those in your presence that have been in their jobs for 5-10 years and have not kept up (because they have been busing do-ing). Computer skills test. Background check. Hair drug test (ladies, be prepared to lose some locks). Lengthy processing, new hire orientation, and onboarding. Slow to get any kind of computer access, phone setup, etc. You won't be officially in the fabric of things and into existence for at least a few months. But, all in all a great company to work for with many loyal employees who have worked here since opening day for many, many properties and divisions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your teaching style? Or might be phrased as learning style or something similar.   View Answer
    • What would you do if.... (projector went down, lost power, computer froze, class got out of control, etc)   View Answers (2)
    There is no negotiation. What they offer you is what they CAN offer you. If at all, you can go up by 2500 max