MGM Resorts International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.7

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Surprisingly I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview seemed somewhat rushed. I was there for all of 15 minutes for the first interview and probably about the same amount of time for the second interview. I was called the following day and offered a job. I only accepted the offer because I was out of work for 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions. Just the basics: experience, what type of work environment I prefer, etc. I was not even asked salary requirements or when I was available to start working. To be honest I was shocked at how easy the interview was. I felt as though the department was desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in November 2013.

Was recomended by a friend

Interview Questions
    asked me how much I want to make any they accepted

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International.

I applied online, about 2 months later I received a phone call, the interview was set up with the Operations Manager. She showed up 15 minutes late (once you get the job, she is very strict that you are on time for ANY meeting), very easy interview. She told me that she would be in contact which she was, about 1 month later. She told me that someone else was supposed to have called me but she went ahead and did it. she scheduled me with the Director of F&B where she asked very few questions. She offered me the job, asked how long of a notice I would have to give for my current employer (at the time). I gave the answer at least 2 weeks, she told me that was too long (this should have told me what to expect). They promised me roses, caviar and champagne but provided me with frequent 6 and 7 day weeks with multiple doubles with less than 6 hour turn a rounds. Oh yeah, they hire based on your looks (image) so dress to impress. If you doubt this information because I sound like a bitter ex employee.... I have proof and talk to any of the current managers prior to working there or better yet, become their FB friends and read what they say.

Interview Questions
    • how do you measure the productivity of your staff? BTW, the only way that they want you to measure the employees is through documentation all be it positive or negative. That doesn't measure, it is the answer to the question.   View Answer
    Simple, they tell you what they want to give you and that it was a complicated formula packed with details like, experience in casinos, restaurants, time in management level in management etc.... but they really just start everyone out at the minimum with the promise of caviar, roses and champagne.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in September 2013.

The hiring process took about nine weeks from initial interview to job offer. Be prepared to take an excel exam, it's not too difficult. Know basics. The test varies from knowing how to save a spreadsheet to V-Lookups. They like people who are eager to learn, pay attention to detail and take good notes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Definitely know your excel or else they won't even interview you. The interview itself included basic interview questions like "How have you handled a challenging situation in a past job?" One weird question was "how many square feet would you guess this room is?" I assume they ask a question like that just to see how you think and solve problems.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in July 2013.

Applied for job online and received a call for an interview within days. Interview was a phone interview 3 on 1, with three staff members from the communications department. Very short interview, less than 10 minutes. After introductions only one member of the staff spoke. Only a few questions where asked and they happened so rapid fire I barely had a chance to formulate responses.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in July 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview about my background, skills sets and salary expectation.
    The second interview happened 2 weeks later, it was a technical interview based on SQL. MGM called back 2 week later regarding the salary range they were providing and face to face interview at the client location. But the salary was way low then my expectation, so I had to decline their job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I had lots of SQL questions from how to create indexes, when to use the different joins, Use of views in SQL, how to improve efficiency of query, and how to write sql programmes for large data sets.   View Answer

Director of Aviation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MGM Resorts International in April 2013.

I was applying for the position from within the company. The initial interview was a series of questions where you were asked about the best and worst employer/employee/co-worker and what their strengths and weaknesses were. It was the most unusual interview I ever had. The second interview was with a consultant who asked a series of questions about how you handled personnel issues in the past.

Interview Questions
    • What are you prepared to do with an employee who refuses to be a team player?   View Answer

Non-Gaming Audit/Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in August 2012.

I applied online for this position and received a phone call for a request to take an Excel test at the corporate location. This was also the job location. The environment was very upscale professional and a bit stuffy for my taste. The administrative assistant who met with me was quiet and not overly friendly but polite.

Interview Questions
    • The test consisted of about 12 tabs on an Excel spreadsheet that was created by someone at MGM. It was not a Kenexa or other third-party type test. The position stated that you needed intermediate knowledge. It was not a success for me because I have used intermediate formulas but on a very limited basis so I got confused on some of the questions. But for someone who has worked with Excel on a daily basis using pivot tables, vlookups and other types of intermediate functions you should be fine. I politely took myself out of the running as I was unable to finish the one-hour test on Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2012.

Basic behavioral interview questions (e.g. What does being a leader mean to you? Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest. Describe a time when you had to handle a conflict/disagreement in a group work setting.)

Interview Questions
    Accept it or don't. No negotiation.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MGM Resorts International in January 2012.

Long