MGM Resorts International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.7

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

It was a very quick process. I applied and was called the next day to set up an interview. The interview consisted of taking a typing test and then speaking with one of the managers followed by an HR person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The base pay is the same for everyone.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International in February 2014.

Interview

Process was pretty straight forward. Submitted my application beginning of the school semester and heard back from them in February. Got a basic phone screening asking if I was still interested and then set up a Skype interview. The Skype interview was very straight forward just behavioral questions and cultural fit questions. Got a job offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• All straight forward questions. Please tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at MGM? What makes you a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

HospitalityProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a three-part interview process. First part was an online questionnaire. These questions were focused on personal attributes and what you consider to be your best traits. The second part was a prerecorded video with two interview questions. You had two attempts and two-minutes to answer each question. Though these questions were more difficult and situation based, you had a second attempt to record the response and submit it. The last part was over the computer, video interview with a panel of MGM Resorts recruiters and employees. The panel asked fairly easy questions; I believe they were more focused on the applicant's enthusiasm and personality rather than the correctness of the response to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why does the hospitality industry intrigue you?   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

Lengthy Hiring Process with corporate process and property hiring process. Once you have the interview you must show them you are there to grow and learn. They want to see and hire people that have potential grow opporunity.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on previous experience or what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

Surprisingly I was not asked a lot of questions and the interview seemed somewhat rushed. I was there for all of 15 minutes for the first interview and probably about the same amount of time for the second interview. I was called the following day and offered a job. I only accepted the offer because I was out of work for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions. Just the basics: experience, what type of work environment I prefer, etc. I was not even asked salary requirements or when I was available to start working. To be honest I was shocked at how easy the interview was. I felt as though the department was desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

Was recomended by a friend

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked me how much I want to make any they accepted

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 months later I received a phone call, the interview was set up with the Operations Manager. She showed up 15 minutes late (once you get the job, she is very strict that you are on time for ANY meeting), very easy interview. She told me that she would be in contact which she was, about 1 month later. She told me that someone else was supposed to have called me but she went ahead and did it. she scheduled me with the Director of F&B where she asked very few questions. She offered me the job, asked how long of a notice I would have to give for my current employer (at the time). I gave the answer at least 2 weeks, she told me that was too long (this should have told me what to expect). They promised me roses, caviar and champagne but provided me with frequent 6 and 7 day weeks with multiple doubles with less than 6 hour turn a rounds. Oh yeah, they hire based on your looks (image) so dress to impress. If you doubt this information because I sound like a bitter ex employee.... I have proof and talk to any of the current managers prior to working there or better yet, become their FB friends and read what they say.

Interview Questions

• how do you measure the productivity of your staff? BTW, the only way that they want you to measure the employees is through documentation all be it positive or negative. That doesn't measure, it is the answer to the question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, they tell you what they want to give you and that it was a complicated formula packed with details like, experience in casinos, restaurants, time in management level in management etc.... but they really just start everyone out at the minimum with the promise of caviar, roses and champagne.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process took about nine weeks from initial interview to job offer. Be prepared to take an excel exam, it's not too difficult. Know basics. The test varies from knowing how to save a spreadsheet to V-Lookups. They like people who are eager to learn, pay attention to detail and take good notes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Definitely know your excel or else they won't even interview you. The interview itself included basic interview questions like "How have you handled a challenging situation in a past job?" One weird question was "how many square feet would you guess this room is?" I assume they ask a question like that just to see how you think and solve problems.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied for job online and received a call for an interview within days. Interview was a phone interview 3 on 1, with three staff members from the communications department. Very short interview, less than 10 minutes. After introductions only one member of the staff spoke. Only a few questions where asked and they happened so rapid fire I barely had a chance to formulate responses.

Interview Questions

• "Can you explain what the job is?"   2 Answers

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview about my background, skills sets and salary expectation. The second interview happened 2 weeks later, it was a technical interview based on SQL. MGM called back 2 week later regarding the salary range they were providing and face to face interview at the client location. But the salary was way low then my expectation, so I had to decline their job offer.

Interview Questions

• I had lots of SQL questions from how to create indexes, when to use the different joins, Use of views in SQL, how to improve efficiency of query, and how to write sql programmes for large data sets.   1 Answer