MGM Studios

2.7

Creative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MGM Studios.

Phone Interview - Recommended by previous intern. Sent in my resume. They asked what I wanted to do in the future. Favorite movie and why. Gave me a detailed description of job. Sent me two scripts to cover. They liked my coverage and gave me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions: Tell me about yourself and what you've learned from past experiences.   Answer Question

Golf Course Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Primm, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Primm, NV

I applied through other source – interviewed at MGM Studios.

Telephone reply to published ad.

Interview Questions
    • Hospitality, customer service, and golf course / play acumen.   Answer Question
    NA

TV Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MGM Studios in May 2013.

The process took about two weeks. It's simple to get an interview if you have any sort of connection, but there are also ways to apply through their online database. There was one interview, mainly behavioral with a couple of questions based in entertainment and TV specifically. The follow up consisted of a script coverage assignment, and then I heard from them with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What entertainment news story are you currently following and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MGM Studios in April 2013.

- Called the studio for information on how to apply. No online application in my case. Sent resume and cover letter to internship program email address.
    - Month went by before I called to follow-up, turns out the email address they initially gave me to send my material to was the wrong one. HR receptionist gave me the right email and two days after that I received a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview.
    - Interview took place over the phone. Lasted about 20 minutes. Basic questions about past experience, future goals, why MGM, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite movie and television show?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MGM Studios.

Interview went smooth, filled out additional paperwork before interview. Everyone was nice and courteous and I thought it went very well. Two weeks passed by after the interview and I hadn't heard back from anyone. I had been following up ever since the interview but to no avail. I finally receive an email about a month from the interview stating an "internal candidate" had been chosen.

Records & Archives Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MGM Studios in September 2010.

One quick interview with your direct boss, nothing more. But had to know somebody working for the temp agency that recruited me for the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MGM Studios in June 2009.

Interview was very standard. I didn't have problems answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to move to Vegas ( I was coming from another state)?   View Answer

I had another offer from another company.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MGM Studios in July 2011.

Interview with HR, managers, and VP. Three interviews with a few weeks to make decision. Make sure to know the company and describe yourself. Be prepared to have several interviews. They were very nice and easy to talk to.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MGM Studios in June 2007.

Interviewed by 4 people on 2 separate occasions.