MGM Studios Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Finance Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios.

Interview

Very easy and very accommodating. 2 rounds of interviews, 4 total people met, including some very senior VPs; contrary to other reviews, they seemed very nice, knowledgable, and willing to collaborate. Entire process (1st interview to offer) took roughly 1 month.

Interview Questions

• 1) What kind of environment are you looking for? 2 ) What is your understanding of certain TV contracts? 3) How would you rate your Excel skills?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

easy interview. Met with HR and then with the supervisors I would be working with. It was very casual and only lasted for about 10 minutes. Got offered the job the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Two standard interviews. One with HR and one with the supervisor. Standard questions asked. Not much else to say. They wanted to know about my background and skills and how I work with others. Overall it was friendly.

Interview Questions

• About background and skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unremarkable

Creative Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview - Recommended by previous intern. Sent in my resume. They asked what I wanted to do in the future. Favorite movie and why. Gave me a detailed description of job. Sent me two scripts to cover. They liked my coverage and gave me the job.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions: Tell me about yourself and what you've learned from past experiences.   Answer Question

TV Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. It's simple to get an interview if you have any sort of connection, but there are also ways to apply through their online database. There was one interview, mainly behavioral with a couple of questions based in entertainment and TV specifically. The follow up consisted of a script coverage assignment, and then I heard from them with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What entertainment news story are you currently following and why does it interest you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios in April 2013.

Interview

- Called the studio for information on how to apply. No online application in my case. Sent resume and cover letter to internship program email address. - Month went by before I called to follow-up, turns out the email address they initially gave me to send my material to was the wrong one. HR receptionist gave me the right email and two days after that I received a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview. - Interview took place over the phone. Lasted about 20 minutes. Basic questions about past experience, future goals, why MGM, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and television show?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview went smooth, filled out additional paperwork before interview. Everyone was nice and courteous and I thought it went very well. Two weeks passed by after the interview and I hadn't heard back from anyone. I had been following up ever since the interview but to no avail. I finally receive an email about a month from the interview stating an "internal candidate" had been chosen.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

3 month long interview process. I met everyone in the department and all of the VPs/EVPs and even the COO (which seemed a bit unnecessary for the level that I was being hired at). Would've been hired except they ended up letting my would be "boss" go.

Records & Archives Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

One quick interview with your direct boss, nothing more. But had to know somebody working for the temp agency that recruited me for the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Studios in July 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR, managers, and VP. Three interviews with a few weeks to make decision. Make sure to know the company and describe yourself. Be prepared to have several interviews. They were very nice and easy to talk to.