MH Alshaya Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MH Alshaya (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview for a job either in Dubai or Kuwait. I am a highly experienced restaurant general/area manager. He gave me an offer of 10,000 dhs a month which honestly insulted me. I make triple that here in the US. That won't even cover my rent in Dubai. After I declined he then offered 14,500 dhs. So how do you jump from 10-14.5? It's clear they can offer way more but of course HR will start with the bare minimum. 14.5 is still very low and that's all inclusive they won't offer anything other than medical and quarterly bonuses. Well have they forgotten to live in an average 2 bedroom apartment in dubai I would need 7k a month? (Note that when I lived in Dubai I had a 2 bedroom apartment in downtown so I would be downgrading big time.) I still need to pay bills, transportation, schools etc. Anyways I explained to him there was no way I would move from the US to go live below average. The whole interview was very insulting and it's pretty sad that such a big group would offer such low insulting salaries to highly experienced people like myself.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MH Alshaya.

Interview

Contacted by phone and by emails. First interview was a Panel interview, next was one on one interview and last process was English proficientcy test.

Emails will be a confirmation of your schedule for interview.
    Phone calls will give you a specific details you need to do and an opportunity to ask a question for anything you need to ask. Like direction of the meeting place if its not clear on the email.
    Panel interview they will give a specific task you need to do with the whole participant.
    One on one interview will be the average difficulties. They will ask tricky question that you need to answer carefully.

Interview Questions

• What is your qualification for us to hire you?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. There were three levels for the interview process. Among that two technical rounds and one HR round. Which was quite easy and was checking more on the confidence and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were fine and nothing was difficult as such   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Interview

hiring is done only through their online career site.Once you hv registered and applied its a long process with different levels of interviews.The first one after the phone interview was an Excel test followed by an
    HR interview and finally an
    interview by Senior Merchandiser and brand manager

Interview Questions

• "Since you have no previous experience in this field , how do you know that you can fulfill the job expectations?"   Answer Question

Manager (E-Group) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)) in December 2014.

Interview

A complete nightmare. I had 4 telephone interviews and was verbally offered the job. They then kept me waiting for 5 weeks - assuring me the job was approved, but the organization structure changes needed to be approved. Then I was invited to a 1 day visit where I was told I would have to attend some interview (I said I had been offered the job and they said these people had to apporve me also). On the day I had to attend 8 one hour interviews and 2 thirty minute interviews, and a 30 minute lunch break. It then turned out the job was not the one I was verbally offered, and the salary was 30% less than previously discussed and offered. I withdrew from the process on my return home from the interviews. They basically lied to me, made many mistakes in the recruitment process, and even with the apologies given I felt they were unprofessional. I had turned down other roles based on the offer they had given me. This was a major disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions (e.g. what makes a good leader)   1 Answer

The HR Manager made a verbal offer, then later realized that the job was not yet approved and denied the offer. There were many times during the process that I wished a number of Alshaya people would just be honest with me!!!

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MH Alshaya in December 2014.

Interview

Presentation and followed by competency based test. Very general interview process, Phone screening and after you get details of the upcoming interview. You have to prepare 2 presentations. First one about yourself and the second is about store management. Afterward, there's second part of the interview which is competency based test, they ask questions like how you would act at certain moments at the workplace. Once you pass this stage there's a final interview stage with the department manager where you'll start to work...

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria (Egypt)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MH Alshaya (Alexandria (Egypt)) in July 2014.

Interview

i worked at many places in alexandria and i have the experince to be a senior in this brand but my english might stop that and make me aserver but i aim to work with reputable company like alshaya

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)) in May 2014.

Interview

Long, took almost 6 months. From the day I first submitted CV and got my 1st call took a month, then another 2 months I got a call from the area manager, then another 2-3 months- operations manager and so on. Was very annoying, many excuses from area manager (she was on leave, etc). My worst ever experience. My biggest mistake I went through it at first place.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)) in February 2014.

Interview

campus selection. After first shortlist, company flies you to Kuwait and takes interview in four rounds. First, Field task you need to solve a problem like analyzing a brand in terms of competitors, price points, VM, etc. Interview happens on next day, so you get the night to prepare a small deck. Second is technical round about retail and merchandising. Third round is about leadership and fourth one is of cultural fit, if one belongs to Kuwait or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase profits by 10% for an apparel brand?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at MH Alshaya (Bangalore (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was by the Recruiter from Kuwait who did an excellent job by scheduling interviews after 6 months of submitting the application , the interview call came. Second round was by HRBP ( Skpe ), 3rd was VP ( Skype), 4th round was Senior VP ( Telephonic), 5th Round India IT Head - Face to face at a Coffee Shop ..They don't have a set-up in Bangalore yet..Recruiter gave a call that they are offering, mailed..All of a Sudden a stranger calls on a Sunday afternoon from their Company & asks a lady candidate for a coffee..later a mail is sent & call comes saying that the person was so called CFO of India....& since coffee was negated.. my verbal offer is being revoked... that was a joke made after all efforts and time spent....a CFO calling a candidate ..very unprofessional unethical organisation..people sounded good initially in the interview but they did not know the Indian Culture..they did not sound as professionals..Will never ever recommend anyone this organisation..especially ladies beware !!

Interview Questions

• A stranger posing as someone from the Company & asking for a coffee !   1 Answer

Very Un-professional & Un-Ethical organisation