MICROS Systems

2.6

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems.

Contacted by HR, three rounds of interviews, first round, Java concept questions, was asked a lot(really a lot of questions). second round, coding assignments, third round, behavior questions through Skype.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I was contacted by the Operations Manager by phone. He asked about the number and kind of projects I've done in my previous job. Basically, went on asking about how I executed a project. A few technical questions about PMS was involved.

Interview Questions
    • How do you fix a mismatch between the trial balance and actual sales receipts?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2014.

I applied through online job portal. They contacted me through email after about 2 weeks. Had a technical phone interview. After a week, I was asked to do a code test. On completing the code test, interview over skype was scheduled after a week's time. Around 2 weeks later I got a mail from them stating that I have cleared all the tests they had and that they would contact me in a couple of days with further info. They called me with an offer and a joining date. There were no negotiations done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. As far as you know the core concepts of what you do, you are good to go   Answer Question

Software Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2014.

I applied for the position online and got email for phone screen interview. Phone screen interview was normal. Questions were asked based on resume and it went for 15-20 mins. Then I received email for face to face. There were 3 technical interviews with different managers and QA leads and one written test. Questions were technical as well as general. They wants to know about them and also expect more questions from us. Written test was based on testing interviews and asked to write test cased for something like 'Mobile' dropdown shown in some application forms. Next day I got email for clearing interview and 7 days later got the offer letter. Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions as long as you are prepared for general technical and HR interview questions.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in June 2014.

First there is Screening interview on phone and then a Technical Test. Finally you are called for Face to Face interview. This process takes two to three weeks. The screening interview lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MICROS Systems in May 2014.

I applied and submitted my resume in person on a Friday. It was a holiday weekend, and I got a phone call from the owner Tuesday. Went in that afternoon. Returned the following Wednesday for a skills meeting and was offered a position that day.

Interview Questions
    I was up front about what salary I desired initially. At the end of the second meeting, they came in lower however there are bonuses and potential for more $$ based on my personal performance and results.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems.

First interview with out-of-state manager went well. He admitted that their e-commerce platform is a bit out of date. Met several folks on-site for next round of interviews. Interview with prospective manager went OK, but I got the impression that I didn't have all of the skills they'd need me to have. The manager was pretty intense, but friendly. Technical interviews went OK, but I got a feeling that I didn't have the technical skills necessary for the position. They kept asking me about technical skills I didn't have. It took a little while for the recruiter to get back to me. I needed to ask him about how the interview process went.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember anything specific right now, but I got several questions about troubleshooting Oracle, which I know nothing about except how to query the database via JDBC.   Answer Question

The company was further from home than my current job (at the time). Another company offered me the same salary and the drive was much shorter. Also, the other company said that I'd be working with some newer technologies. I thought that this position would be very stressful, since I'd need to pick up a lot of skills I currently don't have. Also, I read some pretty negative things about the company on this site.

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MICROS Systems.

I applied online. I was called by HR the very same day for a brief chat. After that I was scheduled to interview via skype with a manager. 10 minutes. The next day I was called that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. What do you know of the position and what do you know of Micros. Are you aware of the traveling requirements... etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems.

1st Round: Coding Problem (offline)

A coding problem was given in order to asses skills. Problem about web.

2nd Round: Phone Interview

Some questions about web.

Help Desk II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in March 2014.

I applied online, a recruiter interviewed me over the phone. Then she set up an interview and I met with a supervisor and a team lead. They interviewed me separately, one asking questions for a cultural fit and the other asking technical questions. The process took a little over two weeks.