MICROS Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through online job portal. They contacted me through email after about 2 weeks. Had a technical phone interview. After a week, I was asked to do a code test. On completing the code test, interview over skype was scheduled after a week's time. Around 2 weeks later I got a mail from them stating that I have cleared all the tests they had and that they would contact me in a couple of days with further info. They called me with an offer and a joining date. There were no negotiations done.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. As far as you know the core concepts of what you do, you are good to go   Answer Question

Software Quality Specialist Interview

Software Quality Specialist
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and got email for phone screen interview. Phone screen interview was normal. Questions were asked based on resume and it went for 15-20 mins. Then I received email for face to face. There were 3 technical interviews with different managers and QA leads and one written test. Questions were technical as well as general. They wants to know about them and also expect more questions from us. Written test was based on testing interviews and asked to write test cased for something like 'Mobile' dropdown shown in some application forms. Next day I got email for clearing interview and 7 days later got the offer letter. Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – Easy questions as long as you are prepared for general technical and HR interview questions.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant

Interviewed at MICROS Systems

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Operations Manager by phone. He asked about the number and kind of projects I've done in my previous job. Basically, went on asking about how I executed a project. A few technical questions about PMS was involved.

Interview Question – How do you fix a mismatch between the trial balance and actual sales receipts?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MICROS Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very fair questions. Listens to you. Need to negotiate salary higher in order to hit your mark. Make sure you ask questions about merit, ask if you can meet future colleague in private, ask if there is truly good fair pay and check for education reimbursement.

Interview Question – No hard questions as long as one has practiced typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't present you to negotiate. You have to counter offer or you will be stuck with your first salary offer for years.

Springfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MICROS Systems in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and submitted my resume in person on a Friday. It was a holiday weekend, and I got a phone call from the owner Tuesday. Went in that afternoon. Returned the following Wednesday for a skills meeting and was offered a position that day.

Interview Question – General networking and basic knowledge of Micros POS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was up front about what salary I desired initially. At the end of the second meeting, they came in lower however there are bonuses and potential for more $$ based on my personal performance and results.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MICROS Systems in June 2014.

Interview Details – First there is Screening interview on phone and then a Technical Test. Finally you are called for Face to Face interview. This process takes two to three weeks. The screening interview lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Interview Question – what is your GPA?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview Details – First interview with out-of-state manager went well. He admitted that their e-commerce platform is a bit out of date. Met several folks on-site for next round of interviews. Interview with prospective manager went OK, but I got the impression that I didn't have all of the skills they'd need me to have. The manager was pretty intense, but friendly. Technical interviews went OK, but I got a feeling that I didn't have the technical skills necessary for the position. They kept asking me about technical skills I didn't have. It took a little while for the recruiter to get back to me. I needed to ask him about how the interview process went.

Interview Question – I can't remember anything specific right now, but I got several questions about troubleshooting Oracle, which I know nothing about except how to query the database via JDBC.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company was further from home than my current job (at the time). Another company offered me the same salary and the drive was much shorter. Also, the other company said that I'd be working with some newer technologies. I thought that this position would be very stressful, since I'd need to pick up a lot of skills I currently don't have. Also, I read some pretty negative things about the company on this site.

Life Cycle Sales Executive Interview

Life Cycle Sales Executive
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at MICROS Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 part. 2 interviews, book reviews, 3rd interview with GM.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from people who are more experienced?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tried to low ball me.

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was called by HR the very same day for a brief chat. After that I was scheduled to interview via skype with a manager. 10 minutes. The next day I was called that I got the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. What do you know of the position and what do you know of Micros. Are you aware of the traveling requirements... etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MICROS Systems in September 2013.

Interview Details – They ask only what you have done but if you have just updated your resume to be selected without work experience then you will be in trouble. They ask practical questions

Interview Question – They expect to hear from you that you know what they are doing   Answer Question

Worked for MICROS Systems? Contribute to the Community!