MICROS Systems

2.6

Retail Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in February 2014.

The process started with a hiring fair. The staff at the fair was bright and cheery, the questions were about IT PM experience. This led to a round of 5 more interviews. This was at the Solon location, in a marathon session with most of the team. The questions in the marathon session were similar in each round. A couple touched on different areas that were unique, but we basically stayed on the script of the resume. There were other calls with other team members and an enthusiastic HR person to shepherd the process.

Interview Questions

I was offered a lower position (Associate PM) at $30k less than my asking price. My perception is that the final manager offered a negative impression of my federal and military experience, leading to the initial demotion. It came through in a couple of "off color" remarks.

IT Support - Phone and Desk Side Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MICROS Systems in February 2014.

I was called by their internal recruiter. She asked what my current salary requirements wee. I told her and was asked if that was negotiable. I said yes to her. She thanked me and referred me to a manager, who called me an hour later. He asked me if I could interview later in the week. It was rescheduled to Feb, 14. I said yes and was told to come in. I sent a question to the recruiter about dress and what else I should bring with me. She told me to "just bring your professional self". I interviewed with the help desk manager and the team. I then interviewed with the IT manager. Just to clarify, it was a snowy day and I drove in 3 inches of hard packed snow to get there. When I was finished with the manager, the help desk manager wanted to know what I was asked and how I was received by the head of IT as though he was fishing for clues as to what the manager thought. He also had stated earlier that he had been there 20 years. All people involved made it abundantly clear that I would be working massive overtime and that I was exempt and would NOT be compensated for comp time as the position was exempt. I said it would not be an issue as long as the company met my numbers salary-wise. I was never asked what that number was. I was told that I would be contacted about the results of the interview. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and have heard nothing back. Sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration and still nothing. Nineteen days later, still nothing. My impression of this company is that they could care little about their people and that they have big disconnects between managers and employees. The way I was handled left a bad taste in my mouth. It is sad that there was little professionalism on display here.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked were difficult. Straight forward questions that were standard.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MICROS Systems in December 2013.

Open house when I was hired advertised on Craigslist, Filled out a Short Application, Had initial interview where she went over information on resume and application, A few min later I had second interview with upper management got along great with the guy so not many questions, then he directed you to the computers in room where you type in a LONG application where you will need (or or would help to have) a copy of your resume, cover letter, names and information of your references.

2 weeks later I found out I was hired, prior to starting you must take your drug test at a labcorp so find one way in advance because not all labcorp's have such testing.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (not difficult but looks polished to have thought this out in advance)   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation; offer was FIRM

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems.

Over the phone/ email screening. Try to highlight either customer support experience or technical aptitude, either way will be a good starting point.
    Next, an in person interview with part of the management staff. They will review your resume, ask typical interview questions you'd find on google, and perhaps a very basic set of technical questions, but this won't be the focus if you don't come from a technical background, so don't worry.
    When you start you'll have about 2 weeks of training, at the regular rate of pay. You'll probably be 8-5 for the first month or so, then they will want to switch you to 2-10. Better hours become available based on seniority and work performance.

Interview Questions
    • This is not really applicable. Just make sure you present yourself well, are well spoken (since it is a phone support role), and express you can maintain a professional and friendly air.   Answer Question
    You can request specific hours if need be, and they may be accommodating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in September 2013.

They ask only what you have done but if you have just updated your resume to be selected without work experience then you will be in trouble. They ask practical questions

Interview Questions
    • They expect to hear from you that you know what they are doing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I got the phone screening technical interview invitation email after applying online. The phone interview was simple based on the resume and the technology I used. After the phone interview, they asked me to go over their place for face to face interview. It took around three hours interviewed by four people. The questions are straightforward.

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MICROS Systems.

The hiring process was very long, I applied end of November right before the holidays hit, didn't hear anything. Called them back early January, from that point on, it was about 3 weeks until they hired me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a disruptive personality you have to work with?   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Nothing out off the ordinary

Long and tedious

Software Engineer Interview

Had a Skype interview, overall a good experience. They wanted to know mostly about the experience I had gotten at my last 2 jobs. There were 2 gentlemen on the call, and it really was very professional, and at no time did it seem like a technical ambush. It only lasted 20 minutes, but was fairly dense as there were no awkward pauses. It was well conducted.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as if there were difficult or unanswerable questions, it was a very fair interview   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2013.

Long hiring process. After phone interview with a recruiter, you get a phone interview with a sales manager then you are scheduled on a personal interview with that manager, GM and COO of the branch office. Background and drug screen are required. This took a month long to get results. Overall, it took me a little over three months to get hired.

There was no negotiating. Take it or leave it