MICROS Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems in July 2014.

I applied through online job portal. They contacted me through email after about 2 weeks. Had a technical phone interview. After a week, I was asked to do a code test. On completing the code test, interview over skype was scheduled after a week's time. Around 2 weeks later I got a mail from them stating that I have cleared all the tests they had and that they would contact me in a couple of days with further info. They called me with an offer and a joining date. There were no negotiations done.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. As far as you know the core concepts of what you do, you are good to go   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MICROS Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in September 2013.

They ask only what you have done but if you have just updated your resume to be selected without work experience then you will be in trouble. They ask practical questions

Interview Questions
    • They expect to hear from you that you know what they are doing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I got the phone screening technical interview invitation email after applying online. The phone interview was simple based on the resume and the technology I used. After the phone interview, they asked me to go over their place for face to face interview. It took around three hours interviewed by four people. The questions are straightforward.

Software Engineer Interview

Had a Skype interview, overall a good experience. They wanted to know mostly about the experience I had gotten at my last 2 jobs. There were 2 gentlemen on the call, and it really was very professional, and at no time did it seem like a technical ambush. It only lasted 20 minutes, but was fairly dense as there were no awkward pauses. It was well conducted.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as if there were difficult or unanswerable questions, it was a very fair interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Had to do a little development test first, then they do a technical interview on Skype. They just asked the projects that I worked on. The interview was about 15 min long. Soon I found out that they already found someone for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Columbans, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Columbans, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in August 2009.

hired directly after asking several design, coding, database and algorithm questions.

poor.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in April 2007.

The interviewing and hiring process was about normal compared to all other jobs/companies that I interviewed with, There was not really anything out of the ordinary except that I really do not care for phone interviews. I do not think that they accurately represent a conidates skills or abilities and that the phone interview often can make people feel nerous and give a bad impression.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you lost control of a situtation and how you dealt/recovered from the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Hiring was done over the phone since I was from outside of the US. Questions asked were technology specific(Oracle and Java) but were very easy. No attempt to gauge coding skills or knowledge of CS basics(data structures, algorithms) were made.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MICROS Systems in May 2010.

It was a basic interview process for any software engineering job. The phone interview asked basic technical questions. Then for the face to face interview I talked with a recruiter, 2 different project managers and the CTO. It seemed like a good place to work for if all you care about is the quality of the work they produce.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a random question about having 3 light switches in the basement that control 3 lights on the top floor. They said you can only go upstairs once and you have to determine the matching pairs for the switches and lights. It didn't really seem relevant to anything. I guess it was sort of a logic problem..but it was more of just a useless puzzle that has no relevance to software development skills.   View Answer

My issue was that they do not offer any flex time or work from home days. They seemed really stingy about being there at very specific times, so I was worried about constant micromanagement. I have always worked in laid back environments and met all of my deadlines. I do not need somebody checking my desk at 8:01 and complaining that I arrived late by 1 minute. I also do not need somebody looking over my shoulder every other minute to see if I am actually working or taking a 5 minute break to read my personal email and the news.