MICROS Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MICROS Systems (Cleveland, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through online job portal. They contacted me through email after about 2 weeks. Had a technical phone interview. After a week, I was asked to do a code test. On completing the code test, interview over skype was scheduled after a week's time. Around 2 weeks later I got a mail from them stating that I have cleared all the tests they had and that they would contact me in a couple of days with further info. They called me with an offer and a joining date. There were no negotiations done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. As far as you know the core concepts of what you do, you are good to go   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MICROS Systems

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems (Cleveland, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

They ask only what you have done but if you have just updated your resume to be selected without work experience then you will be in trouble. They ask practical questions

Interview Questions

• They expect to hear from you that you know what they are doing   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the phone screening technical interview invitation email after applying online. The phone interview was simple based on the resume and the technology I used. After the phone interview, they asked me to go over their place for face to face interview. It took around three hours interviewed by four people. The questions are straightforward.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a Skype interview, overall a good experience. They wanted to know mostly about the experience I had gotten at my last 2 jobs. There were 2 gentlemen on the call, and it really was very professional, and at no time did it seem like a technical ambush. It only lasted 20 minutes, but was fairly dense as there were no awkward pauses. It was well conducted.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel as if there were difficult or unanswerable questions, it was a very fair interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems (Solon, OH).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had to do a little development test first, then they do a technical interview on Skype. They just asked the projects that I worked on. The interview was about 15 min long. Soon I found out that they already found someone for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems (Solon, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

The company gets my information from my graduate school. The manager of the operations department contacted me with phone. I had a 15 to 20 minutes interview. After some days since i didn't hear back from the company i send a follow up email. the the manager send me an online exam to take. The exam was not difficult. it is more about how do u apply best practices of coding and solve problem. then with in a couple of days the HR contacted me and told me that i got offer. i didn't negotiate on salary since they gave me what i asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Columbans, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems (Saint Columbans, NE) in August 2009.

Interview

hired directly after asking several design, coding, database and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

poor.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MICROS Systems in April 2007.

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was about normal compared to all other jobs/companies that I interviewed with, There was not really anything out of the ordinary except that I really do not care for phone interviews. I do not think that they accurately represent a conidates skills or abilities and that the phone interview often can make people feel nerous and give a bad impression.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you lost control of a situtation and how you dealt/recovered from the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview

Hiring was done over the phone since I was from outside of the US. Questions asked were technology specific(Oracle and Java) but were very easy. No attempt to gauge coding skills or knowledge of CS basics(data structures, algorithms) were made.