MINDBODY Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MINDBODY.

Interview

Two days after applying via their online portal I received an email request to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled online for two weeks later. The next day the recruiter contacted me to reschedule for a sooner date (despite that her calendar only gave me appointment slots for two weeks out). So I schedule a conversation within the week. I received an email confirmation with the wrong dates/time. I tried to confirm with the recruiter the correct date/time but never heard back. Ultimately she did call on the correctly scheduled time despite sending a confirmation with inaccurate details.

The recruiter opens with a little bit about MindBody and then digs into the interview questions. None of which were particularly challenging. The recruiter asked about salary requirements and informed me of their rather low salary range for the role. She also harked on salary for a few minutes longer than any other question she had for me. Which I found odd considering it was a first interview and they should be more focused on what value I can add to the organization, not what salary they can get away with providing me. I was uninterested in talking salary so early in the process and expressed my greater interest in the organization than that of a paycheck. In terms of most interview questions, it seems they are gauging for culture fit. I was excited because I live the MindBody culture in my own personal and professional life and was interested in learning more about the role and company. After she asked all the usual questions, she asked if I had any questions. And boy did I ever because this is an organization I was very interested in. I asked the recruiter more specific questions about the organization such as long term strategic goals, how the office felt in light of announcing IPO and what she liked best about the organization. Her responses were a little generalized "I like the company culture" amongst "We have fitness events" and "I'm not sure where we are heading but we are growing and the sky is the limit." Truthfully I was a little disappointed in the lack of depth of her responses because it seemed like she was either reading off a cue card that listed inspirational sounding generalized-positive-statements about the company or like she didn't really know what she liked about the organization other than yoga classes with her friends at work.

The interview lasted approximately 25 minutes and I asked about next steps and she seemed very professional informing me that while the hiring manager was currently on vacation, that she would be back the following week and I would hear back from them about my status once the recruiter could touch base with the manager (2 weeks at most she says since they are eager to fill the role).

The next day I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for her time and re-asserting my interest in the role and eagerness to hear about the hiring decision.

It has now been over 2 months since I had my scheduled phone interview. I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone else at MindBody. I never even received a response to my "thank you email" or my "follow up email" about the role. Uncharacteristically poor communication and a lack of politeness for the coast.

My affinity for MindBody has, since the interview, waned. It seems the company is more interested in rapid growth for the sake of growth and that the culture fit is less of a real indicator of success at the organization.

My recruiter did not live up to the MindBody core values and the 5 C's of Leadership; No Compassion for my sincere interest in the organization and working there, No Catalytic action, No Character and No Courage to communicate to her candidates despite asserting that she would and certainly a lack of Competence.

This lack of competence seems to be a theme at MindBody, a young organization with young workers still trying to figure things out. I would encourage MindBody to develop better systems/processes and for management to provide greater training and leadership opportunities for their staff. This way they can sustain growth with a talented workforce, which today, is more important than ever in an overcrowded market that is becoming more and more saturated with wellness trends and brands. In the future, it will be interesting to see how MindBody grows their fledgling workforce and how their workforce either helps or hurts them going forward as a public traded organization.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? What are you most proud of? What MindBody core value most resonates with you?   Answer Question

Interview

I had a brief phone interview about several of the items I had listed on my resume, which was subsequently followed up with an on-site interview, which touched upon relevant aspects of the position being applied for, and featured several coding questions. The entire process was incredibly pleasant, and all of the representatives I interacted with throughout the process were accessible and friendly. The interviewing experience in itself was strongly persuasive in convincing me to work at MINDBODY as compared to any other organizations, due to both its thoroughness and the pleasant interactions with the MINDBODY staff.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I loved the interview process and meeting the people who took the time to really get to know me . I never felt more of my self when I talked to the employees who interviewed me. I was impressed on how much attention they give to you when you are going through the process. They never leave you hanging and are always fast and really good on giving you feed back as to how your doing and what your next step is.

Interview Questions

• what make me a unique person ?   1 Answer

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Glad you felt comfortable in the interview process! We try our best to give everyone the experience you had and it's great to see that we were successful with you! Just noting on the time to hire ... More

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

interciew process was simple and straightforward. Nothing to extensive. It was a very casual conversation. Basic tech interview. Company seems to make sure applicant is personable. One of the best interview processes I've ever been apart of.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a non stressful negotiations process. Ask as many questions as you can. That's the one thing I recommend.

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! I love we are up there with your top interview experiences. Great advice too on asking questions, we welcome them! There's no harm at all in getting ... More

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic questions asked for phone interview. Second interview with team leaders is easy as well, super friendly where you don't get nervous like most places.last interview with manager and supervisor is only about three questions. If your qualified for the position then it's easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself and they will like you!

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

I think if you are in an interview and can relax your nerves this is a good sign! Yes the last interview is often not as in depth as the first couple. Welcome to the team!

IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was very professional, they called me in and asked me to meet with a few of their members of the IT team. It was the usual interview questions along with some harder IT questions. Not your everyday interview, very relevant, aprox 1 hour long. They had me sign into their admin building and were very organized I was never left sitting waiting for something to happen.

Interview Questions

• They asked me character questions and networking security questions on the OSI model and different network attacks.   1 Answer

Technical Support Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

This was an internal posting for employees who have a minimum of 12-months of related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and demonstration of MINDBODY software and company knowledge.

There were three parts to the interview process:
    1. One formal interview (20 min)
    2. One informal interview with a predetermined topic.
    3. One written homework assignment (no more than 2 Paragraphs)

There were 7 questions in the interview, I will provide the ones I remember.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in this position?   1 Answer
    • What types of communication are required by a Team Lead on a daily basis.   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest cause of conflict?   Answer Question
    • How would you resolve this conflict?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Technical Support Team Leader?   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your thorough review! The Tech. Team Lead position is such an important role here and I know they want to be thorough in their vetting. Thank you for letting us know about your ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MINDBODY in May 2015.

Interview

Applied Online
    Asked for Time slot multiple times, no confirmation on time slot I got.
    Had to followup about time slot, and got reply 1 day earlier.
    Phone screening was what you like/dislike ( not even what have you done or worked on)
    and decision is made based on that.

Interview Questions

• Which programming language you like most
      Which programming language you don't like

Answer Question

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience especially since it wasn't the best interview you've had. Our recruiting website can be a little pesky with email - best to always sift ... More

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an email to sign up for an over the phone interview. After about a fifteen minute interview, the interviewer said I would be a good fit for an in person interview. A few days later, I showed up at MINDBODY were I was interviewed next to a fishbowl. No room, but it was still quaint enough for an interview. The interview took about 15 minutes. Not too many grueling questions, truthfully the interviewer seemed like he had better things to do. I am trying to hype up the job because of the company's well known brand, but I think a bunch of sales associates just got hired. We'll see how the job goes. I'm stoked overall, but I'll find out how selective the job hiring processing once the job starts.

Interview Questions

MINDBODY Response

Jun 22, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review! I chuckled a little when reading through, you may have encountered a very tired hiring manager! Sorry about that and please know we try our hardest to put our best foot ... More

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied by employee referral and filled out an application online through jobvite. I finished the application and was contacted 10 days later about scheduling a phone interview, I had to wait a week for an opening for the phone interview due to lack of availability on my end. I had a phone interview Monday, was asked to come in for an on-site interview on Wednesday. Had an interview with 2 sales managers. The Director of Sales was there and not too busy so I had my third interview directly after the second.

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics that a successful sales person should have?   2 Answers

Jun 1, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Great job and welcome to the team! Glad you were ok with the fact-paced nature of your interview, sometimes things have to move quickly like that if the time is right and people are available. I love ... More