MISO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.6

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MISO in April 2014.

Had an interview with the representatives from different departments. Many of them require coding abilities including SQL, C++, JAVA. However, programming is not required for many positions including engineering. Prior to hire, there was a background checking and drug test. Very good amenities to the interns (Provide with free housing)

Supply Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at MISO.

Mine was an open discussion years ago. Now they use standard behavior questions.

Corporate Recruiting Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MISO.

They do behavioral interviewing (i.e. tell me about a time you encountered...). Be sure to answer each question with an example, what exactly you did to handle the situation and the end result.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to answer each question thoroughly. Each answer is scored and your total score can determine if you get the job or not.   Answer Question
    They offered 24.00 per hour and I asked for 25.00/hour. They met me in the middle at 24.50.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at MISO in September 2013.

Technical phone screen, then in person behavioral interview (recommended to use the STAR method).

Ftr and Pricing Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Phone interview is about 30 mins with general resume questions. Onsite interview one hour with STAR behavioral interview questions. Not a single technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember exact questions but all behavioral questions where you have to describe what you did in a particular situation in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MISO in March 2013.

Applied through online portal for internship program. Accepted to do one-day on-site interview. The one day consisted of orientation and information about MISO and their operations and tours for the first half and interviewing for the second half. We went around to 3 or 4 different teams within MISO to talk with them about what they do and for them to ask us questions. The teams asked about some of my experience and whether some of their projects sounded interesting. They asked how my experience could help them on those projects.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about converting bus/branch system models to node/breaker system models?"   View Answer
    As is typical, there were no negotiations for the internship offer. The terms were good though (compensated housing).

Ftr Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MISO in December 2010.

This was an internal interview. I was told I was one of the top candidates but could not get an offer due to a hiring freeze that had happened immediately after I interviewed.

STAR interview techniques (situation, task, action, and response) on areas of technical experience, managing risk, and behaviors (like conflict). Knowing where the job fit within the company helped.

They have a standardized format of questions to ask in categories. They like to see answers to all questions. Be prepared with examples of your prior work experience to aid in the STAR technique.

EMS Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MISO in April 2012.

one week after onsite interview, application status became "inactivate"

Architecture Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at MISO in August 2009.

Very difficult to get in. The interview process was rather elaborate and they will test you on your skills and knowledge very extensively. The turnaround time is rather long as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why would u like to join our company?   Answer Question
    • How much experience/exposure do you have to the Energy/Utility industry?   Answer Question