MIT Administrative Assistant II Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2014
Updated May 29, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MIT.

I was hired through a temporary agency for a part time position, had one phone interview and was asked to come in. Then I grew within my department to a permanent position after 6 months.

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MIT.

Easy to communicate with hiring team, very personable. Thorough, 3 step interview process beginning with support staff and ending with upper level faculty and administration. All my questions were answered.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get the starting salary I asked for, but the Institute is not generous with raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at MIT in February 2011.

Rule #1: Sign up with a staffing agency. Find out what agencies the school you want to work at utilizes and sign up with them. This was the key component of getting the great position that I have. The agency will help you tweak your resume, etc. Working with them really serves as a pre-interview.

MIT is looking for people who know their stuff. Make sure you have some background in Academia and emphasize your ability to work cross-departmentally. Eventually everyone works together so you have to be a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Do you really expect to make between x & y dollars?   View Answer
    I recommend finding out how much other people in a similar position make before you accept a salary offer because they like to low ball you. You can also negotiate other perks like "flex-time" in the summer and flexible hours during regular work weeks. Make sure the manager is very clear in what your job responsibilities will be before you accept the job. That way, if they want to add onto your duties later you can make sure you are compensated properly.

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!