MIT

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Cambridge, MA

Interviewed at MIT

Interview Details – I was first contacted and had a brief phone screen that lasted approximately 20 minutes. They asked me a few basic questions about my interest in the position, my prior experiences, and my salary expectations. I was invited in for an in person interview by email the following week, and I met with the associate director and director of the office I was applying to. Both interviewers were very friendly, and mainly wanted to know what skills I thought would be most valuable and how I believed my previous experience would lend itself to this position.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MIT in August 2009.

Interview Details – Everyone was super nice and the interview process was smooth. I went through two rounds of interviews, meeting with four people total. Everyone in the department communicated openly. They were efficient in all aspects of the process, always calling me back in the agreed upon timeframe and scheduling interview for convenient times. The people who interviewed me clearly had taken the time to read my resume and were prepared with thoughtful questions. Unfortunately, the position did not offer the flexibility I needed and, as such, I did not continue in the process.

Interview Question – Why was I considering a job that was a step down from my current role?   Answer Question

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!