MIT

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MIT in January 2011.

Interview Details – People were very nice. Had one on one interviews with about 10 people.

Interview Question – What are things that you do outside of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Cambridge, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MIT in July 2010.

Interview Details – First I was called in for 1:1 interview with the professor. It still consisted of me giving a presentation but only to him. Then we talked about my experieces etc. Overall, it was just a nice conversation.
Then he said that he'd like me to come in and give an official presentation to the whole lab, and that was ok as well. After that there was a lunch and dinner interview with the lab members, which was still just talking...

Interview Question – why do you want to join our lab?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great

Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at MIT in November 2008.

Interview Details – My interviewer was really nice and was very open to taking questions and talked about his own experience at MIT and how it helped him. The questions were interesting and thought provoking, so be sure to get a lot of sleep beforehand so as to be clear-thinking. He did take some notes as I talked.

Interview Question – If the government gave you a project to lead how would you assemble your team?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to do this?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in September 2011.

Interview Details – They ask me to tell about my projects, and ask some questions about the projects. They also ask me some behavior questions. For example, have you done projects in a group. What did you act in a group. When you find some problems in project, what did you slvoe these problems.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MIT Engineering interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by MIT employees and interview candidates.