Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT
- Research Assistant (7)
- Engineering (5)
- Technical Assistant (5)
- Administrative Assistant II (4)
- Graduate Student Researcher (4)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (4)
- Postdoctoral Associate (3)
- Research Associate (3)
- Program Coordinator (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Graduate Student (3)
- Development Associate (2)
- Development Officer (1)
- Project Assistant (1)
- Technical Research Assistant (1)
- Postdoctoral (1)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- BA (1)
- Student Programmer (1)
- Student Services (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Human Resources Position (1)
- Open Postdoctoral Applications (1)
- Undergraduate Admissions (1)
- Technical Associate - Sponsored Research Staff (Temporary) (1)
- Undergraduate Research Intern (1)
- Head Corporate Communications (1)
- Graduate Research Assistant At MIT (1)
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2011.
People were very nice. Had one on one interviews with about 10 people.
- What are things that you do outside of work? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for MIT
Engineering InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in July 2010.
First I was called in for 1:1 interview with the professor. It still consisted of me giving a presentation but only to him. Then we talked about my experieces etc. Overall, it was just a nice conversation.
Then he said that he'd like me to come in and give an official presentation to the whole lab, and that was ok as well. After that there was a lunch and dinner interview with the lab members, which was still just talking...
- why do you want to join our lab? Answer Question
Engineering InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at MIT (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2008.
My interviewer was really nice and was very open to taking questions and talked about his own experience at MIT and how it helped him. The questions were interesting and thought provoking, so be sure to get a lot of sleep beforehand so as to be clear-thinking. He did take some notes as I talked.
- If the government gave you a project to lead how would you assemble your team? Answer Question
Engineering InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at MIT in September 2011.
They ask me to tell about my projects, and ask some questions about the projects. They also ask me some behavior questions. For example, have you done projects in a group. What did you act in a group. When you find some problems in project, what did you slvoe these problems.
Engineering InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at MIT in March 2010.
I applied online.
- Are you sure you want to do this? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review