MIT

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went to MIT for my undergraduate degree, so the application process was fairly straightforward. I emphasized heavily my hands-on research and internship experience, which I thought would be valuable going into experimental research. I did not receive any feedback on my application packet, just an acceptance letter. I was in close contact with faculty in my prospective department throughout the application process.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions on the application; it was a straightforward graduate admissions package.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I was awarded a 1-year fellowship as part of the admissions package, which was extremely helpful because I was not awarded a national fellowship (NSF, NDSEG).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied online and interviewed at MIT.

Interview Details – Focus on job history and detailed experiences

Interview Question – Why this program why now.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MIT Graduate Student interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MIT employees and interview candidates.