MIT Graduate Student Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MIT in April 2009.

I went to MIT for my undergraduate degree, so the application process was fairly straightforward. I emphasized heavily my hands-on research and internship experience, which I thought would be valuable going into experimental research. I did not receive any feedback on my application packet, just an acceptance letter. I was in close contact with faculty in my prospective department throughout the application process.

Interview Questions
  • There were no particularly difficult questions on the application; it was a straightforward graduate admissions package.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation phase. I was awarded a 1-year fellowship as part of the admissions package, which was extremely helpful because I was not awarded a national fellowship (NSF, NDSEG).

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MIT.

Focus on job history and detailed experiences

Interview Questions

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!