MIT Lincoln Laboratory

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in January 2011.

Interview Details – I made email arrangements for an onsite interview. The interview went well, I talked to about 5 different groups. Then I never heard back from them. I emailed the HR rep several times, and he kept saying that he was waiting to hear back from the groups. After a few months, I gave up on them ever getting back to me. This has happened every time I have interviewed at Lincoln Labs (I went to MIT, so I interviewed there when I was finishing undergrad and a few times in grad school). After the interview, they do not bother to say they aren't interested.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult. We had a conversation about their research and my research as a student.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in October 2012.

Interview Details – Only had a general first round interview with Lincoln, while on campus at Georgia Tech. I hadn't applied online or anything, nor did I have a interview scheduled. They gave an information session the night before and mentioned that they would be there the next day interviewing those who had applied with them online and heard back. I stuck around afterwards to talk to the man who led the session. I gave him my resume, but told him I wasn't scheduled to have an interview. He said to just stop by at some point during the day and he'd fit me in. Very nice man and very welcoming and genuinely interested in speaking with as many students as possible.

The interview was exactly 30 minutes long, one-on-one with the same man. The interview was mostly focused on my most recent research experience. They said they mostly like to hear you talk about your research and evaluate how well you can communicate it. He only dropped in a couple behavioral type questions. How do you deal with adversity? How do you prioritize and manage your time when you have multiple projects on your plate at once?

Overall, I felt it was a very smooth interview and I was glad I was proactive about arranging the interview within about 15 hours notice. I heard back from him the next week saying I was recommended for an on-site interview and if one of the hiring managers is interested in me, they will contact me. He said it could take several weeks, and this was only about a week ago.

Interview Question – In your experience of leading or working with a team, have you discovered any ways of keeping your teammates motivated to complete their tasks on time?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by group presentation and Q&A session.

Interview Question – Describe your research project   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in November 2010.

Interview Details – You first pass an online coding test made of up of 4 questions. You have to score at lest 80% on each of those tests which are administered by codility. If successful, you are then submitted. If you are called for an interview, you meet with 3 engineers for 1-2hours at which time they ask you about your resume and and about one of the coding problems.
I was also asked about implementing a linked list and the difference between an initialized character array and a constant poiner to char.

Interview Questions

Worked for MIT Lincoln Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!