MIT Program Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT in September 2013.

Interview

I had a brief chat with the senior recruiter who advised me that she would recommend they interview me. About 2 weeks later I was invited to interview with two different people in one on one situations. About a week and a half later I was invited to interview with the Dean. The interviews were quite casual and informative.

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the boss, one with coworkers. I never met or was screened by anyone in HR. There was also a long pause between interviews. I found it unusual that the interview and hiring process was not managed by HR in any way. It is difficult to provide useful information here because now that I've been at MIT for a while, I know that each department will conduct their own interviews and they will vary widely.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard behavioral interview questions and questions about my past experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was slow, but my department was thorough. I had a phone interview, in person interview, then a meeting with the program director. MIT has a fragmented HR department, so it was difficult to get answers to questions that were HR related. Also, it was over a month between when I interviewed and got an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with working in a small office environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and regret that. Be sure to try!