MIT Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Taken into the office and talked to about my accomplishments and goals. What I'd done in the past and what research I'd taken part in. Overall nothing too out of the ordinary. They did ask in detail about previous research.

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Research Assistant Interview

no formal interview, just emailed the prof and met him to discuss the research

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MIT in June 2011.

Easy get-to-know you interview process, It was informative. It told me about what the project was about.

Very easy. Easy back and forth. I brought up having a salary. Then he found something reasonable given my background experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MIT in December 2011.

Application for admission to graduate school needs to be completed online. It requires GRE score, 3 letters of recommendation (minimum), TOEFL score, SOP (statement of purpose). The deadline for submitting the online application is around December 1 for mechanical engineering department. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed by the admission committee. If successful in getting admission into graduate school, one can talk to professors in their field of interest to join their group as a research assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Getting admitted into graduate school is the hardest part   Answer Question

No interview

Received similar offers from multiple universities. Invited for a tour and visiting faculties.

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at MIT in August 2010.

Described the project that will worked on, benefits, job responsibilities

Research Assistant Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MIT in October 2009.

A one on one meeting to discuss responsibilities, experience, and expectations.

Interview Questions

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!