MIT

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at MIT

Interview Details – Taken into the office and talked to about my accomplishments and goals. What I'd done in the past and what research I'd taken part in. Overall nothing too out of the ordinary. They did ask in detail about previous research.

Interview Question – What did you do during the research period?   Answer Question

Interviewed at MIT

Interview Details – no formal interview, just emailed the prof and met him to discuss the research

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MIT in June 2011.

Interview Details – Easy get-to-know you interview process, It was informative. It told me about what the project was about.

Negotiation Details – Very easy. Easy back and forth. I brought up having a salary. Then he found something reasonable given my background experience.

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MIT in December 2011.

Interview Details – Application for admission to graduate school needs to be completed online. It requires GRE score, 3 letters of recommendation (minimum), TOEFL score, SOP (statement of purpose). The deadline for submitting the online application is around December 1 for mechanical engineering department. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed by the admission committee. If successful in getting admission into graduate school, one can talk to professors in their field of interest to join their group as a research assistant.

Interview Question – Getting admitted into graduate school is the hardest part   Answer Question

Interview Details – No interview

Negotiation Details – Received similar offers from multiple universities. Invited for a tour and visiting faculties.

Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in August 2010.

Interview Details – Described the project that will worked on, benefits, job responsibilities

Interview Questions

Research Assistant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MIT in October 2009.

Interview Details – A one on one meeting to discuss responsibilities, experience, and expectations.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!