MIT

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MIT in January 2014.

I initially planned to take a course at MIT, but upon persistence, continued communication and great performance, I was able to get paid for conducting research immediately. I was not technically "interviewed"; it was rather a 6 month long process of staying in touch with and collaborating with (and doing free work for) my desired lab.

Interview Questions
  • My ten year plan. I had never had one, and so I had to devise one.   View Answer
My salary was reduced from my asking price; albeit my asking price was high.

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Research Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at MIT in July 2010.

Very specific to department and lab. Mine involved talking to all principal investigators regardless of if I would work on projects with them. Slow hiring process - IT has to interview a certain number of people even if they want you.

Interview Questions
    • If you mention skills in CV be prepared to talk about them!   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MIT in February 2008.

there's not much to say about this. You just submit your materials to online system. they'll decide if you fit. Then professors call you. If match, you're all set.