MIT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MIT in September 2009.

Interview Details – I went through five separate interviews before being invited onsite. The onsite interview started off well. I interviewed with the manager of the group. That interview went well. The next interview was with a senior scientist in the group. It was terrible. The guy was shocked that i was black and then proceed to explain to me that this place was not for me!!! MIT lincoln does have diversity issues, which are now apparent to me after interviewing there. After that interview, I interviewed with a guy who works in an different area of the lab. It went well. But the group that I would most likely be working with is the group that is co lead is the second onsite interviewer.

Interview Question – Common VLSI coding problems CADENCE   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I would not work there for all the money in the world!!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MIT

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MIT Research Scientist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MIT employees and interview candidates.