MITRE Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE (Huntsville, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview consist of an initial phone screening and an in person interview. The phone screening seemed to only serve the purpose of putting a voice to the resume and figuring out if I was still interested in the job since applying. They breifly mentioned what the job function consist of and whether I was interested. A few weeks later they flew me out for an interview. I met with 5 people total, two manager types, engineers and HR. With the exception to the HR interview, all the interviews were mostly them telling me what I would be doing if I were to get the job. I was asked very few questions. However, the questions that were asked had to do with my prior work experience. The event concluded with me giving a 30 minute presentation on a technical topic as required. Overall the experience was ok. I could tell they were not very interested even from the phone interview. The enthusiasm just wasn't there. Very surprised they even flew me out. But it was a good opportunity to learn about a company that has a very unique niche in the defense industry.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MITRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MITRE (Annapolis Junction, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

Standard College Recruiting hiring process

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in cyber security?   1 Answer
    • share an experience in a project where you had to interact with other team members.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in December 2009.

Interview

HR folks seemed friendly enough, but several interviewers were late and clearly unprepared (or otherwise demonstrated that they just didn't care) for interviewing me. To top it all off, HR left me waiting for over four weeks after the interview. I ended up having to call them only to find out that they didn't want to "move forward." Not terribly impressed in hindsight.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MITRE in March 2011.

Interview

Got a job referral through an Alumni association. He called a former boss as a reference then passed me onto the hiring manager, who gave me an initial phone interview. We worked out a date for in-person interviews. For this job I did have to do a 20 minute presentation, then a series of 6 -7 1:1 interviews. Having to do a presentation helped a lot, it gave those that attended something to talk about instead of the cold call that some interviews can feel like.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MITRE in December 2009.

Interview

My first interview with them was for an internship position. I was asked about what I was studying in college, and what courses I had taken related to my major in college. I was asked if I have any programming experience, and then I was told which programming languages they use at work. Some other questions related to my work ethic were asked as well.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know and how fluent are you in those languages?   Answer Question
    • I was given a certain problem and asked about my approach to solve it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE in December 2009.

Interview

The interview day involved meeting different engineers from different departments. People were very friendly, and eager to talk about their work within the company.