MITRE Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
92 interviews

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

Submitted resume online and relieved a call from HR a week later. After a phone screening, I was invited to come in for an in-person interview.

I met with the entire team and was very impressed by their professionalism and personalities. These were very smart people who did not exhibit workplace stress indicators and were thrilled to be at MITRE. They all spoke passionately about the company.

I was asked questions about my education and previous government contracting experience - typical stuff.

Everyone was very friendly and dare I say it, this was a FUN interview. I felt like I was talking to old friends.

After sending thank-you notes, I received a call about a week later to offer me the position. There was no room to negotiate on salary, which is admittedly below market. However, the ability to grow quickly and work/life balance supersedes salary in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • I was repeatedly asked why I was leaving my current government contracting position, so make sure you have a good, non-disparaging answer for this question if you're coming from another company.

Also be prepared to answer why you want to work for MITRE specifically.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at MITRE.

I never understood why these were so terse, but it's because you're offered a gift card after reviewing the company and don't recall the interview. It was a quick process from applying online, to phone screen, to in person interview, to job offer. Unfortunately, that's dependent on the department you end up applying for since the departments do their own hiring vs. an HR department.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral interviews for most departments. If that's the case, run, run away screaming.   Answer Question
    They offer a competitive salary and don't negotiate much. Asking too much will not serve as a negotiation starting point but rather a reason not to be interviewed.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

I submitted my resume and got a call back pretty quickly for a phone screening. I had just one interview, but my situation was unique. After the interview, there is a separate application for a employment (if I recall correctly). They said that they had "expressed interest" in extending an offer. The application is also used to determine your salary.

Interview Questions
    They make the offer based on your salary and I did not negotiate (not sure if I could have negotiated much).

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MITRE in May 2010.

Good thorough process; excellent recruiter; met with a good percentage of departmental staff; people very nice and accommodating; lots of questions both from me which were answered; and from all that interviewed me; I did get an offer and accepted and job was very close to what I thought it would be

N/A

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MITRE in February 2013.

A very pleasant experience. It started with a phone interview, followed by a 5 hour in-person interview, which included a 1 hour technical presentation. Each of the people I interviewed with were helpful and engaging. It was not an antagonistic interview at all.

Interview Questions
    • The one hour presentation was the most challenging part of the interview, but also the most enjoyable.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

Very friendly, not terribly technical, but clear they want solid talent. Taken into a room with several managers--some from the hiring department, others from other departments of interest, where we had a pretty cordial discussion of experience, abilities, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give a presentation on a topic of your own interest/experience.   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation, as it was an internship.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

interviewed at MITRE in May 2014.

3 intense but informative interviews. This was the best part because it gave a very good overview of company. The spent a lot of time stressing work life balance. Employees appear to be very happy. The interview process began with a phone interview which lasted 1 hour. Then in person.

very simple

Software Engineer Interview

I had a phone interview with an Engineer from Mitre. The phone interview lasted for thirty minutes. The interviewer was well prepared. It felt like the phone interview was well structured. The interviewer did not bring up salary requirements during the phone interview. I viewed that as a positive, because that question should be asked during later stages of the interview process. I got the impression that the interviewer was well trained on how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked a question about a web development technical skill. The question was difficult, because I did not have a lot of experience using that skill.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MITRE in June 2014.

Two phone screening then call in to interview with 5 different lead software engineers. Four different sections for tech skill set, each section last about 15-30 minutes. Area covered: problem solving skill, OOP knowlege, code implementation and designs.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are given an assignment that you do not have the knowlege to solve. How do you approach the problem   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

typically a phone interview first, then they will call you in and you spend 1/2 to full day meeting with people in the department you'd be hired into. you'll get a call back if they want to hire you then a letter. you'll need to undergo a security check and you might need to apply for a clearance

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!