MITRE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MITRE in May 2010.

Interview Details – Good thorough process; excellent recruiter; met with a good percentage of departmental staff; people very nice and accommodating; lots of questions both from me which were answered; and from all that interviewed me; I did get an offer and accepted and job was very close to what I thought it would be

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MITRE in February 2013.

Interview Details – A very pleasant experience. It started with a phone interview, followed by a 5 hour in-person interview, which included a 1 hour technical presentation. Each of the people I interviewed with were helpful and engaging. It was not an antagonistic interview at all.

Interview Question – The one hour presentation was the most challenging part of the interview, but also the most enjoyable.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

Interview Details – Very friendly, not terribly technical, but clear they want solid talent. Taken into a room with several managers--some from the hiring department, others from other departments of interest, where we had a pretty cordial discussion of experience, abilities, etc.

Interview Question – Give a presentation on a topic of your own interest/experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation, as it was an internship.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
McLean, VA

I interviewed at MITRE in May 2014.

Interview Details – 3 intense but informative interviews. This was the best part because it gave a very good overview of company. The spent a lot of time stressing work life balance. Employees appear to be very happy. The interview process began with a phone interview which lasted 1 hour. Then in person.

Interview Question – why Mitre   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very simple

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at MITRE

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with an Engineer from Mitre. The phone interview lasted for thirty minutes. The interviewer was well prepared. It felt like the phone interview was well structured. The interviewer did not bring up salary requirements during the phone interview. I viewed that as a positive, because that question should be asked during later stages of the interview process. I got the impression that the interviewer was well trained on how to conduct an interview.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked a question about a web development technical skill. The question was difficult, because I did not have a lot of experience using that skill.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MITRE in June 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone screening then call in to interview with 5 different lead software engineers. Four different sections for tech skill set, each section last about 15-30 minutes. Area covered: problem solving skill, OOP knowlege, code implementation and designs.

Interview Question – Suppose you are given an assignment that you do not have the knowlege to solve. How do you approach the problem   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

Interview Details – typically a phone interview first, then they will call you in and you spend 1/2 to full day meeting with people in the department you'd be hired into. you'll get a call back if they want to hire you then a letter. you'll need to undergo a security check and you might need to apply for a clearance

Senior Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Senior Cyber Security Engineer

Interviewed at MITRE

Interview Details – The interview process is difficult - you are expected to present on an area of interest/research. It can be a long day as multiple people from different parts of the company can be scheduled to talk to you.

Interview Question – The presentation - that's not a typical part of the interview for the area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an FFRDC the pay isn't as high, but education benefits are above average.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted very quickly. After a very brief phone interview, I was invited to come onsite to the location at Bedford. Met with several people, all of whom were very nice and genuinely interested in my career. Had to set up and present a 15 minute powerpoint presentation (of my choosing), but it was only in front of a few people and I had 2 weeks prior to prepare. This was really the only difficult part of the entire day, as the audience did throw out some tricky questions. Also got treated to a pretty awesome lunch in their cafe.

Interview Question – Had to create a presentation of my choosing, answering their questions was the only difficult part of the interview   Answer Question

Lead Economic Business Analyst Interview

Lead Economic Business Analyst
Bedford, MA

Interview Details – Resume given to friend who submitted into HR system, received call 2-3 days later for pre-screen, who invited me to Bedford, MA (Boston) for interview (MITRE paid for flight and hotel). Interview was ~ 6 hours with 4 dif. interviewers + HR, including lunch, followed by presentation to group. Interviews were mostly cordial and just inquired about specific experience related to things I'd be working on. Group presentation was my choice (present material from past project) so pretty easy to prepare.

Interview Question – Nothing tricky or unexpected, just a lot of questions about specific experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – MITRE has target ranges for all positions and not a lot of flexibility to move outside those ranges but there's always potential to hire someone on a higher grade to get the higher salary. If the salary you want isn't even close to the HR offer, then ask for the position to be regraded one step higher and ask again.

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!