MITRE

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.7

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MITRE.

typically a phone interview first, then they will call you in and you spend 1/2 to full day meeting with people in the department you'd be hired into. you'll get a call back if they want to hire you then a letter. you'll need to undergo a security check and you might need to apply for a clearance

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MITRE in June 2014.

Two phone screening then call in to interview with 5 different lead software engineers. Four different sections for tech skill set, each section last about 15-30 minutes. Area covered: problem solving skill, OOP knowlege, code implementation and designs.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are given an assignment that you do not have the knowlege to solve. How do you approach the problem   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Engineer Interview

The interview process is difficult - you are expected to present on an area of interest/research. It can be a long day as multiple people from different parts of the company can be scheduled to talk to you.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation - that's not a typical part of the interview for the area.   Answer Question
    As an FFRDC the pay isn't as high, but education benefits are above average.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

interviewed at MITRE in May 2014.

3 intense but informative interviews. This was the best part because it gave a very good overview of company. The spent a lot of time stressing work life balance. Employees appear to be very happy. The interview process began with a phone interview which lasted 1 hour. Then in person.

very simple

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MITRE.

Applied online, and was contacted very quickly. After a very brief phone interview, I was invited to come onsite to the location at Bedford. Met with several people, all of whom were very nice and genuinely interested in my career. Had to set up and present a 15 minute powerpoint presentation (of my choosing), but it was only in front of a few people and I had 2 weeks prior to prepare. This was really the only difficult part of the entire day, as the audience did throw out some tricky questions. Also got treated to a pretty awesome lunch in their cafe.

Interview Questions
    • Had to create a presentation of my choosing, answering their questions was the only difficult part of the interview   Answer Question

Lead Economic Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MITRE.

Resume given to friend who submitted into HR system, received call 2-3 days later for pre-screen, who invited me to Bedford, MA (Boston) for interview (MITRE paid for flight and hotel). Interview was ~ 6 hours with 4 dif. interviewers + HR, including lunch, followed by presentation to group. Interviews were mostly cordial and just inquired about specific experience related to things I'd be working on. Group presentation was my choice (present material from past project) so pretty easy to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky or unexpected, just a lot of questions about specific experience   Answer Question
    MITRE has target ranges for all positions and not a lot of flexibility to move outside those ranges but there's always potential to hire someone on a higher grade to get the higher salary. If the salary you want isn't even close to the HR offer, then ask for the position to be regraded one step higher and ask again.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MITRE.

Contacted for an initial phone interview. The interview had a few quasi-technical question, but more about problem solving methodology, and to talk through my resume. Three days later I was informed that I had been selected for an onsite interview, and HR arranged my travel plans, which they were very good about. The onsite interview consisted of a meeting with an HR representative, then a 15 minute presentation to the engineers I would be interviewing with that day. After the presentation, there were 45 minute individual interviews with the engineers at the presentation, with some over lunch and some touring the facilities. Everyone was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • What's an example of when you didn't do your best work?   Answer Question

Multi-Disciplined Systems Engineer Interview

A guantlet of interviews with senior leaders in the organization, mainly focused on what tyoe of work I would like to focus on.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging situation you have ever faced?   Answer Question

Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE.

In my case it was pretty straight forward. I had worked with the hiring manager before when we were both government. When the time came to retire from the military, I approached them about potential positions. Nothing was available at the time, but a year later they came to me and asked if I was still interested.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Employee referral resulted in a phone interview, which led to an in-person interview session with six different individuals, which led to being brought back for one additional interview. The interviews were fairly intensive, with at least half of them being technically challenging. Trick questions, thinking problems, technical questions, trivia questions and domain-relevant questions were all asked. It was pretty tiring at the end of the process and having to have 8 interviews (including the phone) seemed a bit extreme.

Interview Questions
    • Obscure technical questions that make you have to dig back into your mental college engineering textbooks for the answers.   Answer Question