MITRE

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at MITRE.

I was referred by an employee who I went to college with. About a week later I was contacted by the hiring manager and asked to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was about an hour and it focused on my resume, experiences and my skills. A week later I am asked to go to MITREfor a full day of interviews. MITRE flew me in about 1.5 weeks after. On site interview lasted about 6-7 hours. I had to give a 45 minute technical presentation. Then I interviewed with 7 people. Interviews tested my logic skills, technical expertise. Some questions were behavioral. I was also asked to solve logic and concept questions.

Interview Questions
  • I would not say the most difficult question but certainly the most unexpected question involved a problem where I was asked to design a radar system and how I specifically would tackle the initial design aspect of it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MITRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MITRE in March 2011.

I applied online and was invited by phone to interview. It took about ten days to arrange the interview, to ensure everyone's schedule worked. First I met with HR and the hiring manager. HR had asked me about my salary expectations, and I said $150K. This salary was just a bit more than my salary at Booz Allen. During the one-on-one with the hiring manager he mentioned about four times, four different ways, that Mitre wasn't "about money." The next step in the process was to make a presentation to a panel of interviewers. I presented my graduate thesis. I had previously sent the briefing slides by email. The presentation went very well. The panel was friendly and asked many good questions. I couldn't help noticing that despite their keen interest the hiring manager kept yawning rather dramatically during the presentation. I realized why later. My salary expectation had blown his circuits and he had already made his "no-go" decision before the presentation even began. I wish I had known about GlassDoor at that time. I could have checked salary ranges and seen that Mitre was not the place to go for a competitive salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MITRE in February 2009.

Started with a phone screen and then a brief 1 on 1 at my school's career office. Two weeks or so later I had an on site interview that consisted of 3 1 on 1 interviews with my potential supervisor and some others in the department. The interviews had the feel of being free form and didn't have many penetrating questions, mostly asking for details about previous job experiences and school, and also talking about the job. I then went to interview with the HR person and we discussed mostly company infrastructure type topics. It seemed like a nice company to work for, for the right person, but I didn't feel like the fit was right for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE in March 2008.

Flew up to Boston, met with 4 people. Company is very geeky and introverted but people are brilliant.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MITRE in November 2011.

It was a resume walk-through. Went on for around 45 mins.
    The interviewer was pleasant. I learnt that they majorly do not sponsor H1 visas. They might make some exceptions but did not happen with me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me database related questions.   View Answer