MITRE

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aberdeen, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is very laid back. There is a phone screen, and then a group interview. During the group interview a technical presentation is given.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company website. Several weeks later, I received an email asking me to do a phone interview. I did one, and they asked me about my background, my comfort with various programming languages, etc. About a week and a half later, they asked me to come in for an on-site interview. They flew me across the country and put me up in the Ritz Carlton. The on-site interview felt like a formality -- they didn't ask me any technical questions, and spent more time telling me about what they do. I got the offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Have you ever done any sort of computer simulations (physics, traffic, economic, etc)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me there was no negotiation.

Bedford, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MITRE in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview. The on site interview was a series of 1-1 interviews that took about 7 hours in total.

Interview Question – Find Afghanistan on a map.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bedford, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at MITRE in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple process, each of the workers in the area would talk in a one on one interview and describe what they need from the new employee and you would meet with the hiring manager and he would outline what exactly ( usually the job description) they are looking for in an employee. Quick and easy process, technical questions about your job then you usually get to know within a few weeks if you received the job or not.

Interview Question – Please describe how to implement a function to print out a linked list backwards   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at MITRE

Worked for MITRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MITRE Software Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by MITRE employees and interview candidates.