MKS Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.3

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with VP sales. Comfortable, concise, to the point. Let me know where I stand relative to other prospects. Closed with next step timeline. We had a good rapport; I think working for him would be an enjoyable, positive experience.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Methuen, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Methuen, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process is very formal and straight forward. I first met with HR who gave me an overview of benefits and the planed schedule. Next, I interviewed with some of my future team mates. Finally, the interview concluded with my future manager and his manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past work experiences and accomplishments. Asked about my upper level education accomplishments.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MKS Instruments.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite interview. Onsite interview was with a couple of people, one person at a time. Be prepared to talk about school projects and things on your resume. Tell me when you had to deal with an unplanned event at work and how did you go about it. Have any questions for us?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Line Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

Had to hire in through temp service

Engineer Intern (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Wilmington, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Done through nationanal engineering service corp. Time between online application to NESC and Interview was about a week. Then another week before starting.

Interview Questions

• a few tricky circuit analysis questions. not calculations, just conceptual stuff I hadn't seen for a couple years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. hourly pay.

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

Was called in for an interview for an internship position. Completely technical interview based on embedded systems fundamentals and programming.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

MKS Human Resource Manager was giving me a call and appointment was made to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next day i received a call from the related manager and the call was taking about 30 minutes. He asked my experience and knowledge in the job i explained quickly and he felt i am suitable and asking me how soon i can come onboard if i were to be offered the job. The interview was really an easy and relaxed experience.