MMG Partners

Profile Unclaimed

MMG Partners Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MMG Partners in October 2011.

First round, brain teasers and fit. They really want people they would enjoy working with.
Second round, interview with a partner and with CEO. Also only ask brain teasers.
Got along well with everyone but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about something you are proud of that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MMG Partners

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pretty bunk. An analyst or two who has been with the company for one year or less does a "case study" interview. In this case it refers to a brain teaser, not a real case study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected because you are usually more intelligent than the interviewer who tends to be more nervous than you.   View Answer

From all the horror stories I heard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MMG Partners in October 2011.

I first heard of MMG Partners through my university’s on campus recruiting program. Another alumna made a presentation and I was impressed by her ability to present herself and the firm. The CEO, Dr. Ma, also attended the presentation and I had a chance to speak with him (really important!). After speaking to a few more analysts, I had a sense of how tightly bound the employees at MMG are and pursued employment.
    There were two rounds of interviewing, one round on campus with two analysts, both more recent graduates. Although I thought it would be intimidating to be interviewed by two people, they both were able to quickly put me at ease during the fit-related questions and were helpful to me during the brainteaser/math type questions.
    The second round of interviews was at the office. I met with both an Associate Partner and the CEO again. Both were brainteaser and math focused interviews and were more demanding than the initial interview with the analysts.
    After the sell lunch, I was certain I would accept my offer. We had lunch at the Blue Water Grill then went on to the office for a Casino night. People were smart and fun and it was a good fit for me!

Interview Questions
    I felt the offer was fair and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MMG Partners in September 2010.

-personality/fit test, followed by consulting-esque questions and train teasers
    -first round with firm's analysts/associates and second round with partners and CEO
    -analysts and associates seemed nice, friendly
    -in office interview with partners/ceo was just weird

Interview Questions

Weird company, terrible offices, creepy partners, creepier CEO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MMG Partners in October 2009.

1st Interview - Interviewed by Analysts/Associates. Really easy, maybe a brain teaser and a qualitative question too.
    2nd Interview - Interviewed by CEO and two partners. Harder because they are looking for more specific things. Much harder brain teasers and case questions. Some of them have intentional traps in them. Make sure you talk things through and ask questions when necessary. You can tell if the CEO doesn't like you if he kicks you out of the interview room after 5 minutes, so be warned.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation unless you have another offer with a competing consulting firm.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

1 on 1 with analyst, and final round with the CEO which could last in 5 min or more, so be prepared

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MMG Partners in October 2009.

Applied through school and went to info session hosted by one analyst and CEO. They said they were looking for four qualities: common sense, intrinsic intelligence, and a positive attitude and the ability to get people to like you.

First interview was with the analyst and went over resume, interests, and most likely testing for the latter two traits.

Second round was with the CEO, asked a question about dial locks and why the design was faulty. I did not get the answer right after being given a couple hints. I'm assuming this was testing for intrinsic intelligence. My sister was able to get to the answer though my IQ is higher. My advice is to think of the these type of questions as if your are playing a strategy game and don't try to think or read beyond that when given hints.

Interview Questions
    • What are two faults with this dial lock, if you were trying to open it without knowing the combination.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MMG Partners.

i had a campus interview, which consisted of two rounds. the first was with an analyst, and the second was with the head of the firm. the analyst did a case interview, and had some fit questions. the second one consisted of some problem solving questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MMG Partners in January 2012.

First round interview is half behavioral/experience half case puzzle. Interviewer for first round is an analyst and very respectful and professional. Second round interview is with CEO and a Partner. Partner was professional and respectful, the CEO, however, was pretty rude. He gave no introduction, gave a puzzle question, then opened the door. If that's how an analyst would be treated at work, then I wouldn't want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What is closest date in the future from today's date using all unique numbers. What is closest date in past?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MMG Partners in November 2009.

First, there's a company presentation on campus. The next day, there are on-campus interviews typically only available to people who showed up at the presentation (it's the CEOs way of gauging interest in the company). The day after that, second round interviews for the top participants in the first round, typically with a partner or the CEO. There was definitely a feeling of sketchiness with the CEO, Moses Ma, but he makes a GREAT salesman, so I was definitely excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. They're the usual silly case questions that have no real basis in reality and are simply a fake way to measure intelligence. "How many <fill in the blank> are used every <fill in the time period> in the <fill in the geographical region>?" Another question type would be some mathematical quiz-ish question, again not all that complicated. The questions are fun if you're into these kinds of questions though! I enjoyed the interviews.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much wiggle room on negotiation. I think I was making the top possible salary for my position, so there wasn't much higher to go.