MMR Research

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at MMR Research

Associate Research Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MMR Research in July 2014.

I applied online and was contacted two weeks later. They sent me a 7 page spreadsheet of survey tabulations and asked me to analyse the data and write a summary before they even scheduled an interview. I sent back the summary and a telephone interview was scheduled that week. The telephone interview was with HR in the UK and was nothing out of the ordinary. It took about half an hour. Perhaps, the culture is different in the UK, but I received an incredibly rude rejection email the was not personalized at all and sent as an email attachment. I have also been locked out of my account on their career site preventing me from applying in the future for any other jobs with the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. It was all standard screening interview questions.   Answer Question

Trainee Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MMR Research in July 2012.

After reading the job description on Milkround, I applied for the role by email.
    Few days later, I received an email to arrange a phone interview, having 7 days to prepare for it.
    The interview lasted about half an hour and it was pretty general, regarding the knowledge of the company, my motivation for the role and the industry (market research), few questions about my CV and if I had other interviews or applications in progress.
    The interviewer was looking for not-obvious answers (coherent with the motto of MMR) but very polite and kind.
    I may have left a good impression but I haven't been shortlisted for the AC, probably because I was too nervous and my voice tone reflected that status.
    To sum up, a classical phone interview you can easily pass "doing your homework" and being seriously interested in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for this role? Why the Market Research Industry? Did you apply for other competitors so far?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you had to plan a project (even in academic modules)? How would you plan a market research project? Which tasks do you expect you might be involved as a trainee?   Answer Question
    • Why did you move to the UK? Why the gap year? Do you know where we're based?   Answer Question