MNP LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.7

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

Networking is not particularly useful. I didn't do it and don't find there's a difference. Submitted application via email and got phone call for invitation for the interview. Two interviews: 1 with HR and a manager; 1 with two partners. It's been changed since I joined so the hiring process is different now.

Didn't negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

The hiring and interview process was interrupted by the Calgary flood however, the process seemed to take an overly long time. The process itself was relatively simple and the interview was pleasant.

There was very little negotiation. The offer seemed fair.

Intermediate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MNP LLP in February 2014.

Interviewed by Application Manager and Web Development Manger. They will ask you the details of your resume, and will have about 20 non-technical questions have to answer. They attempted to be friendly, but the red flag was they seem to only care about your salary expectation rather than being the best fit for the position. I had been asked multiple times during the interview process, and they gave me a range of 55K to 65K.

Interview Questions
    • None of them are difficult questions. Most of them are behavioral questions that try to know a little more about you.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in July 2013.

Behavioral interview questions. Work Experience Question. Fairly straight forward. Nothing out of the usual. The partners wants to get a feel of what you are and do you fit in the with the culture at the firm

Not much to negotiate

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in February 2014.

First interview was fairly informal cultural phone interview which was to assess culture fit. Second interview was pannel technical interview which played off knowledge of technical and softer skills in a rapid fire manner.

Interview Questions
    • You have variable X and Variable Y, how do you correctly assemble a structure to ensure that they are integrated into the following frameworks: agile, waterfall, lean.   Answer Question
    Negotiation went back two times until a sufficient salary was reached.

International Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

Had 3 interviews:
    1. Phone interview with HR rep. Asked basic questions like what did you do in your previous jobs, why MNP, why tax, etc.

2. A week later, In person interview with same HR rep and a partner. Asked behavioral questions mostly for about 40 mins.

3. 2 days later, Informal interview with a manager and a different partner. Didn't ask any interview questions, it was just a chat to see if I would fit in into their culture.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 traits your former coworkers would say about you?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in September 2013.

Attended meet-the-firm event, applied through school portal, received interview offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is an important attribute when providing a service to a client?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in November 2012.

Human Resource staff conducts the interviews, interview questions were pretty basic, and typical, like where do you see yourself in five years, case based questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult situation and give an example?   Answer Question

Found a better opportunity

Summer Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in October 2010.

I went through the recruiting process during September when all the accounting firms were recruiting at the University. I was interviewed by two people, and the questions were behavioral questions. I did not receive a follow up email if I was declined or not. I received a phone call before the day offers went out, asking what would be the best way to contact me if I were to receive an offer. I told them by email or phone, whichever is the most convenient way for MNP. I thought this was kind of a random phone call as my peers had received a second interview with MNP, and I had not. Another girl also said she received this phone call and also did not get a second interview. On offer day she ended up receiving an offer, and I did not. I did not hear anything back from MNP after that phone call. I tried calling back and leaving a message, but did not receive any response from them.

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in December 2009.

Phone Interview, then 2 person interview. Receptionist was very rude on arrival - "you're early - I'm not calling yet". Not a good image. HR person not too friendly, asks lots of questions but they don't seem to add value.
    Offices are convenient location but very dark.

No flexibility in vacation/bonus/pay

Worked for MNP LLP? Contribute to the Community!