MNP LLP

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview Details – Networking is not particularly useful. I didn't do it and don't find there's a difference. Submitted application via email and got phone call for invitation for the interview. Two interviews: 1 with HR and a manager; 1 with two partners. It's been changed since I joined so the hiring process is different now.

Interview Question – None really. Very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was interrupted by the Calgary flood however, the process seemed to take an overly long time. The process itself was relatively simple and the interview was pleasant.

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation. The offer seemed fair.

Intermediate Web Developer Interview

Intermediate Web Developer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MNP LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Application Manager and Web Development Manger. They will ask you the details of your resume, and will have about 20 non-technical questions have to answer. They attempted to be friendly, but the red flag was they seem to only care about your salary expectation rather than being the best fit for the position. I had been asked multiple times during the interview process, and they gave me a range of 55K to 65K.

Interview Question – None of them are difficult questions. Most of them are behavioral questions that try to know a little more about you.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview questions. Work Experience Question. Fairly straight forward. Nothing out of the usual. The partners wants to get a feel of what you are and do you fit in the with the culture at the firm

Interview Question – none noted   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in February 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was fairly informal cultural phone interview which was to assess culture fit. Second interview was pannel technical interview which played off knowledge of technical and softer skills in a rapid fire manner.

Interview Question – You have variable X and Variable Y, how do you correctly assemble a structure to ensure that they are integrated into the following frameworks: agile, waterfall, lean.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation went back two times until a sufficient salary was reached.

International Tax Associate Interview

International Tax Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews:
1. Phone interview with HR rep. Asked basic questions like what did you do in your previous jobs, why MNP, why tax, etc.

2. A week later, In person interview with same HR rep and a partner. Asked behavioral questions mostly for about 40 mins.

3. 2 days later, Informal interview with a manager and a different partner. Didn't ask any interview questions, it was just a chat to see if I would fit in into their culture.

Interview Question – What are 3 traits your former coworkers would say about you?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in September 2013.

Interview Details – Attended meet-the-firm event, applied through school portal, received interview offer.

Interview Question – What do you think is an important attribute when providing a service to a client?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details – Human Resource staff conducts the interviews, interview questions were pretty basic, and typical, like where do you see yourself in five years, case based questions.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult situation and give an example?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better opportunity

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at MNP LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went through the recruiting process during September when all the accounting firms were recruiting at the University. I was interviewed by two people, and the questions were behavioral questions. I did not receive a follow up email if I was declined or not. I received a phone call before the day offers went out, asking what would be the best way to contact me if I were to receive an offer. I told them by email or phone, whichever is the most convenient way for MNP. I thought this was kind of a random phone call as my peers had received a second interview with MNP, and I had not. Another girl also said she received this phone call and also did not get a second interview. On offer day she ended up receiving an offer, and I did not. I did not hear anything back from MNP after that phone call. I tried calling back and leaving a message, but did not receive any response from them.

Interview Questions

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MNP LLP in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then 2 person interview. Receptionist was very rude on arrival - "you're early - I'm not calling yet". Not a good image. HR person not too friendly, asks lots of questions but they don't seem to add value.
Offices are convenient location but very dark.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – No flexibility in vacation/bonus/pay

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MNP LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MNP LLP interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by MNP LLP employees and interview candidates.