MNP LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.6

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

Networking is not particularly useful. I didn't do it and don't find there's a difference. Submitted application via email and got phone call for invitation for the interview. Two interviews: 1 with HR and a manager; 1 with two partners. It's been changed since I joined so the hiring process is different now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was interrupted by the Calgary flood however, the process seemed to take an overly long time. The process itself was relatively simple and the interview was pleasant.

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. The offer seemed fair.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was fairly informal cultural phone interview which was to assess culture fit. Second interview was pannel technical interview which played off knowledge of technical and softer skills in a rapid fire manner.

Interview Questions

• You have variable X and Variable Y, how do you correctly assemble a structure to ensure that they are integrated into the following frameworks: agile, waterfall, lean.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went back two times until a sufficient salary was reached.

Intermediate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MNP LLP (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Application Manager and Web Development Manger. They will ask you the details of your resume, and will have about 20 non-technical questions have to answer. They attempted to be friendly, but the red flag was they seem to only care about your salary expectation rather than being the best fit for the position. I had been asked multiple times during the interview process, and they gave me a range of 55K to 65K.

Interview Questions

• None of them are difficult questions. Most of them are behavioral questions that try to know a little more about you.   Answer Question

International Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had 3 interviews:
    1. Phone interview with HR rep. Asked basic questions like what did you do in your previous jobs, why MNP, why tax, etc.

2. A week later, In person interview with same HR rep and a partner. Asked behavioral questions mostly for about 40 mins.

3. 2 days later, Informal interview with a manager and a different partner. Didn't ask any interview questions, it was just a chat to see if I would fit in into their culture.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 traits your former coworkers would say about you?   Answer Question

Articling Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MNP LLP (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewer seemed to be in haste. She didn't even take time to breath. A tip on the question is leadership based question; if you are in accounting, prepare a very good response to a leadership based question. Although i didn't make it through interview but it was a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?
      2. Leadership based question.

Answer Question

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

First round was on campus, second round was in their Vancouver dt office. Nothing technical. Just basic interview questions about your experiences and the rest are all behavior questions. I applied for the Asian niche group so the very last part was held in Mandarine.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Attended meet-the-firm event, applied through school portal, received interview offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an important attribute when providing a service to a client?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MNP LLP (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions. Work Experience Question. Fairly straight forward. Nothing out of the usual. The partners wants to get a feel of what you are and do you fit in the with the culture at the firm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Coffee with Partner I'd work with and employee who referred me. Coffee was informal and mostly a two way conversation about how MNP and I could be a good fit. Over then next 3 or 4 weeks I meet or had a call with 3 partners up the food chain, including Regional Managing Partners and VP.

Interview Questions

• It was very informal. They asked about my experience in general as well as some specific things about my skills they were looking for. Wondered why I would move to MNP.   1 Answer