MPR Associates

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MPR Associates in October 2014.

Overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions during the phone interviews and on-site. Best to wear a full suit to the interview, as the company has a history of working with naval engineers and is a bit more traditional. Two rounds of technical interviews showed that the company really values smart engineers with good fundamentals.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to solve for all information in a basic RLC circuit.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Phone interview or on-campus interview first. if you move on to the next step, you are brought in for an interview in Alexandria. There you will be interviewed by two "senior" engineers, each interview lasting an hour, and each interview being highly technical. Then you will have lunch with a few junior engineers. Finally, you will have a panel interview with upper management. The final interview is the only behavioral one, but you will not have to answer canned behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are open-ended and can be tough. You better know your stuff - but weak engineers have made it through the process in the past.   Answer Question
    There is always money left on the table, you just have to ask for it.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MPR Associates in March 2012.

The interview was VERY technical and I was not prepared for it. It obviously didn't go well and I did not get a positive response. I was expecting more generic questions and behavioral questions instead I was bombarded with specifics about my coursework and my research. Even though I could answer them satisfactorily, I fumbled alot and my answers were not very clear I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Questions like what power of temperature is radiation dependent on?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MPR Associates in November 2011.

First was a 1:1 interview on campus through the university career center and then I was invited to the on-site interview at the Alexandria office. Dinner with a couple of employs on the previous day of the main interview. On the main day of interview it is as follows: Office work place is show, HR briefing, technical interview with two senior engineers, lunch with a couple of employs. This is followed by final de-briefing by the three Principal Officers. (The whole process would typically be from 8.30 AM to 2 .30 PM)

People were were friendly and receptive.

Office workplace looks good. But not an ideal place if someone is looking for a continuous interaction with lot of colleagues.

The technical question were pretty thoughtful. I was shown a couple of drawings and asked questions about basic mechanics of the structural systems, flow in pipes etc.

Advice: Be more attentive and calm when trying to answer the technical question. Use basic principles. It would help if you are naturally very intelligent.

This place is for someone who wants to explore every aspect of engineering and more likely become a generalist rather than a specialist in something.

Interview Questions
    • What would your adviser want to tell on something you might want to improve upon?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at MPR Associates in October 2011.

It was a campus interview. I was called by two different persons for the interview--I thought they were very interested in me. I had my campus interview with an engineer out from Houston office. He is very pleased with me and thinks that I share many common traits as him. The interview went well, he shared his professional growth in the company and the transition he made from a student to a professional. I though that I nailed the interview, but later was informed that the HR does not think my skill set was what needed at the moment.

A few leadership question were asked, and they were looking for a certain type of person. It might be a good idea to show to much passion in a particular type of work, show them that you can be professional, do what is needed for the company and project.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you go far and beyond what you were asked to do. And what is the outcome.   View Answer
    • We talked a lot about your school work. What else can you tell me?   View Answer

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MPR Associates in November 2010.

1:1 interview at college and called up to go to Alexandria, VA for a full interview with 2 other interviewees. It was nice and they treated us very well. Day of interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews each with a technical question and 1 group panel interview with typical questions. One of the technical interviewers was obviously making up the question then and had trouble explaining it to me.