MPRI

1.8

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MPRI.

Applied on-line and got an e-mail very quickly from someone in HR. The site lead e-mailed a days days later to setup an on-site interview. A week or so after the interview I was told I was a great fit but I needed to get two certifications. I did so in short order and let them know and then never heard from them again. Poor poor communication skills by the site lead. Also none of the team members seemed terribly happy when I toured the facility.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about past IT experience. It was straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Senior Military Science Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at MPRI in October 2011.

Held job from previous contract but had to reapply for my own job when L3 took over. Even previous contract was minimal. Submitted online application with proper documentation. Got a call from a hiring manager who told me how to restructure my resume for maximum impact, and approximately a week later received offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. We're cutting your existing salary by $12,000. Take it or leave it

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MPRI in August 2010.

Very organized interview process, detailed emails with all needed specifics to answer questions. Knowledgeable recruiters guide you through the process. Assign mentors on the ground to answer any area specific questions. Also provided a packet of information on required items and tips of things to pack. Provided some clothing to keep employees uniform.

Interview Questions
    • Even though working for the company, asked to interview directly with the military. They asked some odd questions, potentially because they have high turnover and didn't understand the scope of work sent to company to fill position.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MPRI in January 2010.

This was a gov't contractor position. The drawn out 4- week interview process was due to Gov't inaction, not MPRI. Interviewer spent most of the 30 minute interview explaining the work environment, management, etc. No hard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate a slight increase in the salary stated during the interview.

Senior Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MPRI in April 2008.

Hardly any questions, just information about the job.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was basically a routine Q&A - I was needed to fill a contract so I was basically assured of the job   Answer Question

Observer Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MPRI in September 2010.

It is all done online

Non Negotiable. They offer the salary, you either take it or not.

SME Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at MPRI in March 2010.

Have to fill out an extensive on survey of experience. For many jobs one must have recent combat experience or some other unique specility. Most SOF people will be hired right off. The contracts can be hard given they want 80 hour weeks. You work 7 days a week for minimun of 10.5 a day. The job can be dangerous.

Interview Questions
    • How did you influence your Iraqi partner   View Answer
    • How do you feel about going back to Iraq   View Answer
    No. The pay was adequate given the situation I was in

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at MPRI in February 2010.

The hiring process should not take 5 years (60months) Which is what happened and is well over 365 days this only shows that your recruiter are unable to do their jobs correctly. Because of this I had lost my clearance.

There was no negotiation phase, it was a take it or leave it deal. I asked for some things, and they said they would provide or ensure it would happen, it never did. Failure to uphold their contract.

Mentor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MPRI in October 2009.

This is a military focused company that specializes in bringing the skills of Retired and Ex Military Service Members to foreign Armies. There is very little need to "ace" an interview if your resume speaks directly to your military experience. Usually, the hiring process works on a by name request by either the section leader, team leader or section member to the Program Manager who will either approve or disapprove a request to hire an individual based on his ability to fit the job description. This will be based on his military rank, experience and MOS. If the Program Manager approves, the request to hire candidate will be sent to the corporate office in Alexandria, VA and the candidate will receive an offer letter within a week. The other method would be simply to apply online at www.mpri.com and fill out the online application and post your resume. If your qualifications match up with any of the positions, a recruiter will contact you via telephone and conduct and on the spot interview.

Interview Questions
    • Will your limited years in the Army allow you the capability to mentor future leaders in the Afghan Army?   Answer Question
    It is all based on the contract that was negotiated by between the company and the Army. Understand that it will require a personal sacrifice for the employee and their family because of the long term separation by living and working in a foreign country, most likely a combat zone.