MRC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MRC.

Interview

4 different interviews, in person, skype, a ride day, and a final interview. It took about a month or so and is they were great at answering questions and showing you around the building.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRC (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was nothing unusual. 1. Phone screening with corporate HR 2. Phone interview with Sales Engineer 3. Phone interview with Senior VP of Sales - Awesome guy. Basically we just went over my resume and my potential responsibilities for the position. 4. This step is probably different for most, but they flew me out to their headquarters in San Diego to meet everybody. Interviewed with Both Sales Engineers within the SD office. Next was a brief interview with CFO. Finally an interview with Bob Leone (CEO)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRC.

Interview

I applied for this internship through online. I got a call about the interview 4 days after I submitted application. The interviewers were also interns who are currently attending graduate schools. Overall, it was good opportunity for me to learn about the basic interview process.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MRC.

Interview

First step of 3 step process 1 on 1 interview with sales manager. Was very basic and straight forward. Asking general questions. The next step is an interview with more managers and the third and final step is a presentation in front of the executives

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRC (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a mess and MRC is excruciatingly slow. I applied through a recruiter through my university and heard back the next day. After a brief HR interview regarding the job, I didn't hear back for almost a month. The interview process began with a typical phone interview and proceeded to madness from there. I was involved in multiple phone interviews with who would be my direct superior, followed by his boss. These interviews were not very technical and involved more with behavioral aspects of the job, like how well do you work with others, etc.. The only technical questions asked of me were basic programming questions and a request to see some example work. Following another period of 2-3 weeks of silence from the company I received a request to drive down to their San Francisco office for an interview with their team. I had to present a presentation to their office normally given to their sales team which was a complete waste of time and did not have anything to do with the job. In addition, once again, the interview was non-tech based and I was surprised when I heard the STAR format buzzwords used. It was all more behavioral interview questions and nothing to do with my skills as a programmer. Following this, and more silence, they needed to train me to talk to interview with the president of the company. It was finally when I received an offer 5-10k below the posted salary, I ended the interview process. It was quite clear I didn't wish to work for a company that was paranoid about the position and low balled their own posting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful as a XEROX Account Executive? Present 3 of your strongest qualities and tell us how they will contribute to your success.   Answer Question

Technology Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRC.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. Was then contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Went over a few questions. Then was asked for a face to face interview over video conference with the manager. Questions were fairly easy, "Tell me about a challenge you had to overcome." Was then asked for another interview with the regional manager over video conference. 3rd step was a panel interview where I gave a presentation. Finally I interviewed with a VP who basically asked me to sell him a men.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to a higher pay. I had multiple offers.

Interview

3 interviews. None are corporate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a dificult situation?   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRC (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from the in house recruiter, standard questions regarding background, experience and education. Was then passed along to the hiring manager for a face to face interview that consisted of essentially the same questions. Was then called back and passed along to a VP for essentially the same interview. The same day was sent over to a SVP for an interview with him. Was then called back for an interview with the President, who basically was the most condescending person I have ever met. Upon his approval a panel interview was scheduled where a presentation to a 6 person panel was required.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work in Sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRC (San Diego, CA).

Interview

3 interview process. 3rd interview is sales presentation in front of senior management. Good experience, weeds out those not ready for an entry level sales job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRC (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied to the job through an ad on indeed.com. I was called back and asked a few questions by one of the recruiters. After that, he scheduled me a one on one interview with the regional manager. I did well enough in that interview to get invited back for the final panel interview which consisted of me giving a five minute presentation on why I would be a good fit for the company and then a question and answer portion from the panel. All answers need to be given in the STAR format. I was called back three days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize your work load when given different directions from different people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a written offer that was very acceptable given my experience level and I signed it.