MRI Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Support Analyst Interview

Software Support Analyst
Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MRI Software in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Question – How do you get 12 hours of work done in a 8 hour day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MRI Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial correspondence was with a recruiter. I then had to complete an online assessment on personality and intelligence. A recruiter conducted the phone interview and then scheduled me to come in and interview with managers. When you go in for the interview, you have to take the intelligence assessment over to confirm you actually completed the assessment.

Interview Question – Most difficult part was presentation on myself and why I wanted to work for the company. You know about it in advance, but it can still be nerve-racking.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MRI Software in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1. I applied online. The online system was cumbersome. I've seen better but have seen worse.

2. I was contacted by a HR recruiter to review my resume and was asked to take an online test.

3. I took the online test from home. This test takes two hours to complete.

4. I was asked to come in for in-person interviews. One interview with a peer and one interview with the VP of the unit. I also had to take a shortened version of the test. I guess they do this to make sure you didn't cheat the first time. The interviews were fine, though I felt somewhat disrespected when the VP cut our interview short because he had to go to another meeting. Overall, I spent around 3 hours at their office.

5. After giving up around 7 hours of my time to this position after submitting my application, including spending significant time with three people in the organization, I was sent an automated message saying they were not interested in hiring me.

While I took several issues with their hiring process, I found my #5 point to be the worst. It shows a complete lack of respect for their prospective candidates to not at least send a message from a personal email account telling the candidate they weren't hired.

The fact that they make you jump through hoops with their computerized testing assessments should send you enough of a message about the level of respect they show their applicants, let alone their employees.

After touring their offices, it looked like a place trying to provide their employees benefits, yet giving them a terrible working environment. After reading other reviews, this environment is made worse by the management. The offices had amenities like a cafeteria and gym, but the office floors were just a huge cubical farm. The software development area looked like programmers were kept right on top of one another.

I just don't see the long-term appeal of working at a place like this. Maybe it's good for a first job or transitional job to get experience and move on.

Interview Question – It was less of an interview and more of a discussion.   View Answer

Project Manager - Entry Level Interview

Project Manager - Entry Level

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MRI Software in November 2013.

Interview Details – They were very clear in communicating with me directly via email or phone and outlining next steps and what to expect. They usually have a multi step interview process but they consolidated this process for me since I was a little out of the area of the office I would need to interview at. I met with a member of the department I would be in, the manager of the department and the director of the department in one visit. The application process also included an online logic assessment test which they also have you retake in person at the office as part of the interview process to confirm the initial assessment results.

Interview Question – How would I know that you are frustrated?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy process and received great benefits that begin the first day of work there.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Enterprise Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MRI Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process took about a month. I had three phone interviews and three face to face interview. The face to face interviews all took place on the same day with different managers. They were really focused on finding out how much research I did on the company and their products. I was also asked to give a 10-15 minute presentation about myself in front of about 5 people.

Interview Question – They asked several questions looking to find out how much research I had done on MRI and their products.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given a pretty strong offer right off the bat, but I was able to negotiate an additional $5k in salary pretty easily. I probably could have gotten $10k more had I pushed the issue.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MRI Software in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online, and was emailed by a recruiter within a few days, asking me to fill out a standard assessment. The assessment was basically like an IQ test, with various math, spatial and comprehension questions.

The day after the assessment test, I was contacted and asked about having a phone interview. On the phone interview, I was asked standard HR'ish questions about my ability to work in the US, whether I'd be fine with background checks, etc. At the conclusion, the recruiter told me he'd talk with his counterparts and get in touch unless anyone on his team had major objections.

A couple of days later, I was contacted and asked if I'd be interested in having an interview onsite. I agreed, and showed up at the agreed-on date/time. They greeted me promptly, and had me go through the same type of assessment onsite as I did remotely. Once that was done, I was given a tour, then met with a couple of people (including the manager), and asked a series of technical questions and personality questions like "How will I know if you're frustrated?". After I finished this part, I was walked back to the recruiter and then shown out.

A day or two after that, I was called and verbally made an offer, which I accepted. The paperwork for the written offer, drug test directions, etc. were sent and completed.

All in all, the interview experience was really good. MRI was responsive, the recruiter I dealt with was a cool guy, as were the guys on my to-be team.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was why did I leave consulting for an in-house job, but this isn't a question most people will get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate. I made was asked early what I was making currently, and since I think it's a pretty good salary for the position, I said I'd be fine with the same.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Glenwillow, OH

I applied online and interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview Details – An timed online test was administered. It covered math, critical thinking skill, pattern, verbal, grimmer, and a philological test.

Interview Question – I'm a pragmatic person not negative but not the over the top chipper type either. A back seat drive in my home suggested that I rate myself higher in the positive instead of the more mid range I had chosen. Be honest and don't let anyone second guess your first instinct.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview Details – The people doing the interview obviously know nothing about the company and technology. They seemed very inexperienced and did not ask very intelligent questions. They should have someone who actually has some technical knowledge ask the technical questions.

Interview Question – Why did you apply?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – MRI is not a good place to work after seeing the place and speaking with a few people who work there, I heard that many are looking to leave due to the management.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed a cognitive ability test a few days after. After the assessment, I had a phone interview and was later invited in for a round of interviews. I was given a tour of the facilities, interviewed with two individuals, took the assessment again in-house (to make sure it was you the first time), and also gave a brief presentation about myself and goals with the company to two people. It was pretty laid-back. They just wanted to get a feel for who you are and what environment you will thrive in. I was offered the position a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – What is your ideal group like? How do you manage your time? How would you feel about living in Cleveland? Do you have any questions for me? What did you do in past internships? What did you like and what didn't you like about that position/company? What other types of jobs are you interviewing for? What do you like about MRI? Where did you hear of us and the position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview Details – Online assessment. Take me 2 hours. As mentioned above, I do not know the purpose of this. Then after a week, they say they prefer others.

Interview Question – vocabulary test   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MRI Software

Worked for MRI Software? Contribute to the Community!

MRI Software – Why Work for Us?

MRI Software A 40-year Commitment to Property Management Success MRI Software, then called Management Reports Incorporated, was founded in 1971, in Cleveland, Ohio, by Fred and Sid Goodman; its original vision was of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MRI Software interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by MRI Software employees and interview candidates.