MRI Software

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.5

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in December 2014.

I was referred to this company through a friend who works for the company and I applied online. Online application was easy. After a couple of hours I heard back from the recruiter asking me to complete an online comprehension test. I took the test that evening. Found a quiet place away from distraction and kids to be able to focus. The test gave me 15 minutes to complete 50 logic based/ math/ grammar /language questions. The following day I was contacted again by phone by the recruiter asking me to schedule a time for a phone interview, which occurred the next day. On the phone interview she asked very simple recruiter-esque questions; why are you leaving your current job, how do you think you would fit in here? What do you make now, and what would you like to make here? And answering some questions she had about my resumé.

The day after the phone interview the recruiter called and told me that she and her team thought that I would be a better fit for another opening and I was happy to oblige, as a foot in the door leads to opportunity. Once I agreed we set up a time the following week to be able to meet in person and conduct one on one interviews with the team leaders.

Upon arriving at the building she greeted me at the door and gave me a tour of the building and explained some of the benefits. The building was large, open and immaculate. They have the walls color coded depending on department (restrooms are yellow, break rooms are purple, product development was another color, support was another). It was a really cool building with a lot of amenities and relaxed atmosphere. Café, gym, basketball court, game room just to name a few.

After the tour she walked me to a small room with a few computers and had me retake the comprehension test. If I recall correctly they were the exact same questions as the first time. I was given no feedback as far as how well I did on the test, but since they never mentioned anything I'm assuming I did just fine. Both times I took the test I only completed around 35-37 of the 50 questions. Once I realized I was running low on time I just answered the rest randomly.

Then she met me again and walked me to the room where I would be for the interviews. The first guy I met, who would be my immediate supervisor, was very laid back and fun. I was carrying a briefcase and he was more enthralled with my briefcase than he was with me. The "interview" with him felt more like a casual conversation than an interview. We talked about PC vs. MAC, iPhone v. Android v. WindowsPhone. But then things got serious. He stopped, looked at my resumé for about 10 seconds and searched his brain for a good "interview question". Then he looked up at me and goes "...um...so...what's your favorite video game?". After answering that he looked at my resumé again and said "so...you're a computer geek...what was your first computer?". We had some laughs about Windows 3.1 and Commodore 64. And he left without even asking if I had any questions.

The second interview was a little more elaborate. It was with (what I believe to be) the first guy's supervisor. He asked what I do currently and how that can apply to his team. What I'm looking for, as far as growth in a company. And how success is measured from his standpoint and his expectations from a new hire. The time I spent on site was about 1.5 hours (30 minutes with each person)

After the one on one interviews he showed me the door and said I would hear back by the end of the week.

2 days later the recruiter called me and offered me the position for the amount I asked for PLUS 5k. I was blown away, I guess I undersold myself. All in all it was a very pleasant process. At no point did I feel disrespected or badgered by any of their questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Where did you get that briefcase? Is that handmade? What material is that?"
      "What's your favorite video game?"
      What was your first computer?
      I understand you want to grow within the company; how would you go about growing, and how do you measure growth?

Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MRI Software.

The process entailed a phone interview followed by a "pre-employment assessment" personality test and a timed IQ test. The test questions are extremely simple. The only way to study would be watching a few episodes of Barney or Sesame Street. Just relax and you will do great.

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in January 2014.

Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Questions
    negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in November 2013.

1. I applied online. The online system was cumbersome. I've seen better but have seen worse.

2. I was contacted by a HR recruiter to review my resume and was asked to take an online test.

3. I took the online test from home. This test takes two hours to complete.

4. I was asked to come in for in-person interviews. One interview with a peer and one interview with the VP of the unit. I also had to take a shortened version of the test. I guess they do this to make sure you didn't cheat the first time. The interviews were fine, though I felt somewhat disrespected when the VP cut our interview short because he had to go to another meeting. Overall, I spent around 3 hours at their office.

5. After giving up around 7 hours of my time to this position after submitting my application, including spending significant time with three people in the organization, I was sent an automated message saying they were not interested in hiring me.

While I took several issues with their hiring process, I found my #5 point to be the worst. It shows a complete lack of respect for their prospective candidates to not at least send a message from a personal email account telling the candidate they weren't hired.

The fact that they make you jump through hoops with their computerized testing assessments should send you enough of a message about the level of respect they show their applicants, let alone their employees.

After touring their offices, it looked like a place trying to provide their employees benefits, yet giving them a terrible working environment. After reading other reviews, this environment is made worse by the management. The offices had amenities like a cafeteria and gym, but the office floors were just a huge cubical farm. The software development area looked like programmers were kept right on top of one another.

I just don't see the long-term appeal of working at a place like this. Maybe it's good for a first job or transitional job to get experience and move on.

Interview Questions
    • It was less of an interview and more of a discussion.   View Answer

Project Manager - Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MRI Software in November 2013.

They were very clear in communicating with me directly via email or phone and outlining next steps and what to expect. They usually have a multi step interview process but they consolidated this process for me since I was a little out of the area of the office I would need to interview at. I met with a member of the department I would be in, the manager of the department and the director of the department in one visit. The application process also included an online logic assessment test which they also have you retake in person at the office as part of the interview process to confirm the initial assessment results.

Interview Questions
    Very easy process and received great benefits that begin the first day of work there.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenwillow, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenwillow, OH

I applied online – interviewed at MRI Software.

An timed online test was administered. It covered math, critical thinking skill, pattern, verbal, grimmer, and a philological test.

Interview Questions
    • I'm a pragmatic person not negative but not the over the top chipper type either. A back seat drive in my home suggested that I rate myself higher in the positive instead of the more mid range I had chosen. Be honest and don't let anyone second guess your first instinct.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MRI Software.

The people doing the interview obviously know nothing about the company and technology. They seemed very inexperienced and did not ask very intelligent questions. They should have someone who actually has some technical knowledge ask the technical questions.

Interview Questions

MRI is not a good place to work after seeing the place and speaking with a few people who work there, I heard that many are looking to leave due to the management.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MRI Software in October 2013.

I applied for this position online, and was emailed by a recruiter within a few days, asking me to fill out a standard assessment. The assessment was basically like an IQ test, with various math, spatial and comprehension questions.

The day after the assessment test, I was contacted and asked about having a phone interview. On the phone interview, I was asked standard HR'ish questions about my ability to work in the US, whether I'd be fine with background checks, etc. At the conclusion, the recruiter told me he'd talk with his counterparts and get in touch unless anyone on his team had major objections.

A couple of days later, I was contacted and asked if I'd be interested in having an interview onsite. I agreed, and showed up at the agreed-on date/time. They greeted me promptly, and had me go through the same type of assessment onsite as I did remotely. Once that was done, I was given a tour, then met with a couple of people (including the manager), and asked a series of technical questions and personality questions like "How will I know if you're frustrated?". After I finished this part, I was walked back to the recruiter and then shown out.

A day or two after that, I was called and verbally made an offer, which I accepted. The paperwork for the written offer, drug test directions, etc. were sent and completed.

All in all, the interview experience was really good. MRI was responsive, the recruiter I dealt with was a cool guy, as were the guys on my to-be team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was why did I leave consulting for an in-house job, but this isn't a question most people will get.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. I made was asked early what I was making currently, and since I think it's a pretty good salary for the position, I said I'd be fine with the same.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in August 2013.

I had a quick phone interview initially. Then they ask you to take an easy test online in which you just answer as many questions as possible in 15 minutes or something. It is relevant so don't blow it off. If you do well on relevant past projects and the test they will have you come in for an interview. I came in and took the test a second time before my interview with Product Development Managers.

They didn't ask any technical questions at all. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some projects you have worked on.   View Answer
    I asked for 3k more and they gave it to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MRI Software.

I applied online and was emailed a cognitive ability test a few days after. After the assessment, I had a phone interview and was later invited in for a round of interviews. I was given a tour of the facilities, interviewed with two individuals, took the assessment again in-house (to make sure it was you the first time), and also gave a brief presentation about myself and goals with the company to two people. It was pretty laid-back. They just wanted to get a feel for who you are and what environment you will thrive in. I was offered the position a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal group like? How do you manage your time? How would you feel about living in Cleveland? Do you have any questions for me? What did you do in past internships? What did you like and what didn't you like about that position/company? What other types of jobs are you interviewing for? What do you like about MRI? Where did you hear of us and the position?   Answer Question