MRI Software Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Online test, then phone interview, then another phone, then a request to come onsite for an in-person interview. Then nothing for weeks after I sent some free times when I was able to come in for interviews but then was contacted to do another phone interview with a different recruiter. She never really explained why I as seemingly restarting the process. Early during the interview she casually mentioned the the responsibilities and title had been downgraded. Told her I wasn't interested anymore but keep me in mind if the original position that I interviewed for became open.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you interacted with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MRI Software in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on line through their website. A few days later I received a notification to take an assessment online within 5 days of receipt. Completed the assessment which consisted of numerous behavorial and mathematical questions. Received the "rejection" notice within 5 days after that.

Interview Questions

• It was numerous behaviorial and mathematical questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

Initial online test repeated in office after a tour of building. Interview with HR rep and the interview was over. Could have completed the HR interview over the phone to prevent a trip to the site. No interest after the conversation and finding out the salary they were thinking.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

Found the position online, and the recruiter reached out to me. After some initial skills/aptitude tests, a phone interview with the hiring manager took place. I passed that one, then went up the ladder to the Director for another phone interview. Passed again, so we met in-person so that I could deliver a presentational the group. It was a pleasant process, and they answered all of my questions and provided more detail as we continued on. After the 'group interview' I received an offer within a few days, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why should clients buy our products from you, versus the competition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As expected- quick and not much wiggle room

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

Online assessment. Then Initial phone interview with recruiter. Pretty Straight forward. Then, in-house assessment again and a face to face interview with hiring manager and generalist. At the last minute, the hiring manager was not available for the interview- had a meeting. Guess the decision for not hiring me was made prior to the interview. So disappointing and unprofessional of them.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software in December 2014.

Interview

I was referred to this company through a friend who works for the company and I applied online. Online application was easy. After a couple of hours I heard back from the recruiter asking me to complete an online comprehension test. I took the test that evening. Found a quiet place away from distraction and kids to be able to focus. The test gave me 15 minutes to complete 50 logic based/ math/ grammar /language questions. The following day I was contacted again by phone by the recruiter asking me to schedule a time for a phone interview, which occurred the next day. On the phone interview she asked very simple recruiter-esque questions; why are you leaving your current job, how do you think you would fit in here? What do you make now, and what would you like to make here? And answering some questions she had about my resumé. The day after the phone interview the recruiter called and told me that she and her team thought that I would be a better fit for another opening and I was happy to oblige, as a foot in the door leads to opportunity. Once I agreed we set up a time the following week to be able to meet in person and conduct one on one interviews with the team leaders. Upon arriving at the building she greeted me at the door and gave me a tour of the building and explained some of the benefits. The building was large, open and immaculate. They have the walls color coded depending on department (restrooms are yellow, break rooms are purple, product development was another color, support was another). It was a really cool building with a lot of amenities and relaxed atmosphere. Café, gym, basketball court, game room just to name a few. After the tour she walked me to a small room with a few computers and had me retake the comprehension test. If I recall correctly they were the exact same questions as the first time. I was given no feedback as far as how well I did on the test, but since they never mentioned anything I'm assuming I did just fine. Both times I took the test I only completed around 35-37 of the 50 questions. Once I realized I was running low on time I just answered the rest randomly. Then she met me again and walked me to the room where I would be for the interviews. The first guy I met, who would be my immediate supervisor, was very laid back and fun. I was carrying a briefcase and he was more enthralled with my briefcase than he was with me. The "interview" with him felt more like a casual conversation than an interview. We talked about PC vs. MAC, iPhone v. Android v. WindowsPhone. But then things got serious. He stopped, looked at my resumé for about 10 seconds and searched his brain for a good "interview question". Then he looked up at me and goes "...um...so...what's your favorite video game?". After answering that he looked at my resumé again and said "so...you're a computer geek...what was your first computer?". We had some laughs about Windows 3.1 and Commodore 64. And he left without even asking if I had any questions. The second interview was a little more elaborate. It was with (what I believe to be) the first guy's supervisor. He asked what I do currently and how that can apply to his team. What I'm looking for, as far as growth in a company. And how success is measured from his standpoint and his expectations from a new hire. The time I spent on site was about 1.5 hours (30 minutes with each person) After the one on one interviews he showed me the door and said I would hear back by the end of the week. 2 days later the recruiter called me and offered me the position for the amount I asked for PLUS 5k. I was blown away, I guess I undersold myself. All in all it was a very pleasant process. At no point did I feel disrespected or badgered by any of their questions.

Interview Questions

• "Where did you get that briefcase? Is that handmade? What material is that?" "What's your favorite video game?" What was your first computer? I understand you want to grow within the company; how would you go about growing, and how do you measure growth?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software in December 2014.

Interview

I applied thru LinkedIn, and was contacted shortly after by e-mail to set up a phone interview. During this process I also took a test at home that was about 50 questions, matching, finding problems, fractions/math based. After speaking with the HR individual over the phone he said he would have to talk to some of the managers to see where I'd fit, and then would call back and discuss setting up an interview. After several days I received a call to come in and interview face-to-face; however, I was told no current openings existed. The first part of the interview was retaking the initial test I had taken at home. The questions seemed a little harder, no calculator is allowed, but they do provide paper. The stress to finish no matter what, and just to guess, because wrong answers are not counted against you. On site I did not quite finish, because I was trying to do well. Next was a tour, the facility is nice, a big box really, but is clean and laid-back. It seems like a fun place to work. My last piece was sitting down with the hiring manager, where we had about 45 minutes of an "interview" that felt more like a conversation than anything else. I received an e-mail several days later with results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MRI? Tell me about a time when you interacted with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

The process entailed a phone interview followed by a "pre-employment assessment" personality test and a timed IQ test. The test questions are extremely simple. The only way to study would be watching a few episodes of Barney or Sesame Street. Just relax and you will do great.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and went through a test which after passing was called in for an on-site interview. Took the test again and had a walk through of the building. Would later have a phone interview with my current manager (he is off-site) to go over the job and his expectation. We got off the phone and half an hour later I had HR call to offer me to position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in handling accounts?   1 Answer

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you get 12 hours of work done in a 8 hour day?   2 Answers

Negotiation

negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.