MRI Software

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in January 2014.

Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Questions
    negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in November 2013.

1. I applied online. The online system was cumbersome. I've seen better but have seen worse.

2. I was contacted by a HR recruiter to review my resume and was asked to take an online test.

3. I took the online test from home. This test takes two hours to complete.

4. I was asked to come in for in-person interviews. One interview with a peer and one interview with the VP of the unit. I also had to take a shortened version of the test. I guess they do this to make sure you didn't cheat the first time. The interviews were fine, though I felt somewhat disrespected when the VP cut our interview short because he had to go to another meeting. Overall, I spent around 3 hours at their office.

5. After giving up around 7 hours of my time to this position after submitting my application, including spending significant time with three people in the organization, I was sent an automated message saying they were not interested in hiring me.

While I took several issues with their hiring process, I found my #5 point to be the worst. It shows a complete lack of respect for their prospective candidates to not at least send a message from a personal email account telling the candidate they weren't hired.

The fact that they make you jump through hoops with their computerized testing assessments should send you enough of a message about the level of respect they show their applicants, let alone their employees.

After touring their offices, it looked like a place trying to provide their employees benefits, yet giving them a terrible working environment. After reading other reviews, this environment is made worse by the management. The offices had amenities like a cafeteria and gym, but the office floors were just a huge cubical farm. The software development area looked like programmers were kept right on top of one another.

I just don't see the long-term appeal of working at a place like this. Maybe it's good for a first job or transitional job to get experience and move on.

Interview Questions
    • It was less of an interview and more of a discussion.   View Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MRI Software in October 2013.

I applied for this position online, and was emailed by a recruiter within a few days, asking me to fill out a standard assessment. The assessment was basically like an IQ test, with various math, spatial and comprehension questions.

The day after the assessment test, I was contacted and asked about having a phone interview. On the phone interview, I was asked standard HR'ish questions about my ability to work in the US, whether I'd be fine with background checks, etc. At the conclusion, the recruiter told me he'd talk with his counterparts and get in touch unless anyone on his team had major objections.

A couple of days later, I was contacted and asked if I'd be interested in having an interview onsite. I agreed, and showed up at the agreed-on date/time. They greeted me promptly, and had me go through the same type of assessment onsite as I did remotely. Once that was done, I was given a tour, then met with a couple of people (including the manager), and asked a series of technical questions and personality questions like "How will I know if you're frustrated?". After I finished this part, I was walked back to the recruiter and then shown out.

A day or two after that, I was called and verbally made an offer, which I accepted. The paperwork for the written offer, drug test directions, etc. were sent and completed.

All in all, the interview experience was really good. MRI was responsive, the recruiter I dealt with was a cool guy, as were the guys on my to-be team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was why did I leave consulting for an in-house job, but this isn't a question most people will get.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. I made was asked early what I was making currently, and since I think it's a pretty good salary for the position, I said I'd be fine with the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in August 2013.

I had a quick phone interview initially. Then they ask you to take an easy test online in which you just answer as many questions as possible in 15 minutes or something. It is relevant so don't blow it off. If you do well on relevant past projects and the test they will have you come in for an interview. I came in and took the test a second time before my interview with Product Development Managers.

They didn't ask any technical questions at all. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some projects you have worked on.   View Answer
    I asked for 3k more and they gave it to me.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in March 2013.

Initial correspondence was with a recruiter. I then had to complete an online assessment on personality and intelligence. A recruiter conducted the phone interview and then scheduled me to come in and interview with managers. When you go in for the interview, you have to take the intelligence assessment over to confirm you actually completed the assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was presentation on myself and why I wanted to work for the company. You know about it in advance, but it can still be nerve-racking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MRI Software in June 2012.

Very lengthy up front process. The IQ test and personality profile that others have mentioned takes about 2 hours before the interview, then you have to take another round in person if you make it to the second, in-person interview. Like others, I was confused as to the value of this.

In the actual development working area it seems they've tried to really implement a full-bore agile process. There is no privacy at all as it is a completely open workspace. There were some rooms where I was told people could go to work things out, but they were all empty where I was there. Quality of machines/workspace looked to be average at best. There is a team of "coaches" that I was unsure what their real purpose was.

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test had a section with word math problems on things like proportions. The longer you've been out of high school, the harder that section likely will be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MRI Software in June 2012.

After I submitted a resume I was emailed an IQ test. Could not figure out what the purpose would be for an IQ test for the position that I applied for. If I was to not pass this phase and someone who was unqualified for this position should get lucky and do better, would that make them more qualified??

Interview Questions
    • What is the next letter in the following sequence: AA,BB,CC   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MRI Software in June 2012.

Rigorous hiring process, consisted of a phone interview, an aptitude test, then an in house aptitude test and in person interview. It is nice that the VP of your department generally does the interviewing, it is a degree of respect that most companies wouldn't go for. After a few days, they will get back to you and let you know if you were accepted or not.

Interview Questions
    • What drove you to MRI? - I'm not really sure what they were looking for here, I guess do your research.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MRI Software in February 2012.

Submitted Resume, Phone Interview, Emailed Assessent, Called in for a face to face interview, another assessment, 2nd interview, job offer.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most interesting thing you found out about MRI   View Answer
    I negotiated a flex schedule and time off any time until PTO kicks in due to my newborn. and 1$ more per hour.