MS Shift

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service/Technical Support Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MS Shift.

Interview Details – Phone interview to assess your eagerness to work late hours (2pm-10pm). If you agree, you will get called in for a face-to-face meeting with their CEO.

He was unprepared and was a bit condescending. The office is just a medium-size room with computers, a conference table and a fridge. It's just a customer service position, but he wants you to have a BS in CS? If you have a bachelor's degree in a technical field, then you can do a lot better than this company.

It's just basic questions that are meant to find out about you and why you want to work there. They take weeks to follow up and they don't even ask you about your salary requirements.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – You must first go through an (unpaid) evaluation period to assess your abilities handling basic client inquiries.

Seek other employment opportunities.

Tech Support Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at MS Shift.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview and decided to give it a shot. Office is about the size of a living room with a few work stations. Interview was pretty straightforward. Questions were basic and nothing outside the box. At the end of the day, do not waste your time if you are not a computer science major. Management is poor...

Interview Question – How are you with computers?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at MS Shift in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was asked about my prior experience, skills, etc. When I was offered to have an interview at the company, I was asked questions relating to my computer skills, my work experience, my goals etc.

Technical Support Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MS Shift in October 2011.

Interview Details – Someone called me and invited me to the interview on a Friday, at 6PM. They wouldn't tell me the company name, only the location. I had to look the company up online by using the address. When I came, it turned out to be an extremely small company, only 5 to 7 people. Instead of testing my actual abilities, the owner started asking me strange questions, such as whether I work hard and come in on time. He kept complaining about how many past workers were lazy and useless. He seems to think the world consists of lazy people. In the end, he told me to come in to work in a week. A few days later, he emailed me and told me that he changed his mind and that I shouldn't come in. If he is that inconsiderate to the candidates, imagine what he will be like as a boss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Don't even interview there, the place is a joke. You can't negotiate. The owner is very inconsiderate, tells you to come in to work and changes his mind. If you are any good, the pay won't be enough anyway ($15-17/hour)

Very Easy Interview

Client Support Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MS Shift in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, I had an interview in August but was turned down. I had a subsequent interview in January (because two of their workers had quit) and was asked if I was a hard worker, and all I did was agree happily and was told to come in on a Tuesday. When I got there, the office was quite small but personable. My training consisted of me watching videos about what the company does. Unfortunately, I was laid off because I didn't have a computer science degree. Also, watch out for the boss. He tends to be passive aggressive and lectures for about 5 minutes about small things. Other than that, the job was manageable.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MS Shift? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MS Shift interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by MS Shift employees and interview candidates.