MSC Industrial Direct

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in February 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was HR hiring manager by phone. Given the process procedures for hiring and that as you pass each one you will be moved on to the next step. The next week was 1:1 with hiring manager. Next week was IQ/Intelligence/Personality testing. Then next week flight to 1:1 with Regional Manager. 2 more phone interviews and flight to the corporate office for what was told final 4 interviews with National Managers and HR. Next week added another 1:1 interview with prior position holder. Another week to be told that an offer would not be given with little or no feedback from the hiring manager. I exceeded the experience and qualifications and had all positive feedback until the prior position holder interview. It was a very negative experience with personal attacks on my experience and qualifications and totally unprofessional. I contacted the HR hiring manager for further explanation and mostly given the company story line. I was finally told that I did not have the "strategic sales experience" needed for the position. I do not recall being asked any questions concerning my "strategic sales knowledge." It took 8 weeks and 10 total interviews for a "no offer." An experience I hope to never be put through again. I consider it a waste of mine and the company's time and money.

Interview Question – What makes you think you can handle this position?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MSC Industrial Direct

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSC Industrial Direct Branch Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MSC Industrial Direct employees and interview candidates.