MSC Industrial Direct

Relevance Date Difficulty

Verifyer Checker Interview

Verifyer Checker
Fernley, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in July 2014.

Interview Details – Takes a long time to get hired on, I'm on my 3rd week now and still not confirmed hire. It's ok though, they should do a good job on investigating potential employees.

Interview Question – Previous employment and solidifying dates with companies   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is what it is.

OSA Interview

OSA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very long interview process and the background check timeline can make you crazy...but it you tell the truth and just be yourself you'll stand out. MSC hired real people to sell to customers. The process it started by their corporate recruiters who are very friendly and focused on what they are hiring for. local manager takes over and is also very friendly.

Negotiation Details – tried to negotiate salary but it is what it is.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview Details – Recruiter call, phone interview, face to face interview with Branch Manager, phone interview with Market Manager. Background and credit rating check, but no drug test. They want metal working experience when they can get it - those with it will be ranked as more valuable. New trend os to hire younger people with less experience and low ball on salary with a Ford Focus. Experience is not valued. They are now trying to be like Fastenal, not MSC.

Negotiation Details – Messy, they tried lowballing on salary. Ask for what you want or you won't get much.

IT Ops Interview

IT Ops
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in April 2012.

Interview Details – Efficient. Was called very shortly after submitting resume and appt set up quickly. Two interviews. Pleasant management experience. Did not interview with Dagro.Would never have taken position if I had even one minute in the same room with him.

Interview Question – What have you heard about MSC   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Packer Interview

Packer
Elkhart, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was not difficult. It was a two step process. The initial interview was to complete personal information. The second step was to actually "try out" the job for a day. If you were successful, you were called back.

Negotiation Details – None.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview Details – Interview process was good in the 90's They actually spoke to you and treated you like a human being not a number

Interview Question – didn't really ask a difficult question   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview Details – We typically have the OSA (Outside Sales Associate) meet with Recruiting, then Recruiting and the hiring manager. Depending about the accounts and territory, perhaps a third round with interested parties.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer how you will generate new business.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I've been with MSC for a number of years.
I'm a hiring manager and I do not negotiate all that much.

Java Developer III Interview

Java Developer III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial HR round, followed by technical phone screen and then a final on-site interview with 3 to 4 people.

Interview Question – Why would make method arguments final?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not very willing negotiate, It was more like take it or leave it.
They ended making a very decent offer, so I accepted.

National Accounts Manager Interview

National Accounts Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview Details – Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, went through MSC's process which took literally 11 weeks. Including a 3 hour skills assessment test and phone call with a NYC Psychologist.

Interview Question – Tell me 2 things that are not on your resume that should be.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone, face to face

Negotiation Details – offer was made.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MSC Industrial Direct

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!