MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

Order Picker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

It was very simple like any other but for this job the good thing about it is they give you a Spend A Day that you actually do the job a day before you get hired to see if you like it.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Garden Grove, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had two phone screening calls. One was for the headhunter that contacted me and the other was the HR department from MSC. After, I had a one on one interview with the direct manager. I did not receive word until probably a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• One thing that they asked me was would I be a good fit.   Answer Question
    • What skills would you bring to the table to help the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Through my interview process, I started to get the feeling that I knew more about sales than the DSM I interviewed with. Very uncomfortable process and it really made me skeptical about the next step in the interest process.

Better Offer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Moved fast at first, however they did seem disorganized. Questions at in person interviews centered on managing people and taking feedback on personal performance. Multiple in-person interviews scheduled for the day. Most were with different HR people. They seem to think they are experts at hiring based on the psychology and behavioral interviewing process, but I would argue they are incredibly over-complicating the process. I was very excited about the opportunity with the company, however in hindsight, I'm glad it didn't work out. The position is needed, but I have concerns they don't know what really happens in the job and how it helps a company's success. Took two months for them to follow-up after my final meetings that they were moving in a different direction. Again, pretty disorganized. If you want top-talent, you can't wait that long. Would love to know with whom they filled the job. My guess is with someone of the opposite sex than I and I'm ok with that. The only other women I saw were in HR. That may be a sign.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes we need to provide feedback to our employees, tell me how you approach the conversation?   Answer Question

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interview the interviewer was complimentary and professional, seem to ask very good questions that were applicable to me and to the position I was interviewing for it went smoothly and I was taken to the next step in the process what they call spend a day..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem that you solved without supervision   Answer Question

Merchandiser Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Mableton, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

They ask very simple questions, its a two day process. The interview and the spend a day performance interview. Its very easy just verify the label and pick the right amount for the customer. After that they would determine if you can get the position or not. Also even if your job is not selecting you are going to get trained in that position for when the picking department needs assistance.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Incredibly lengthy, redundant and impersonal. Very pretentious in tone, similar to a car salesman who feels they simply deserve your business. Very old methodology of screening candidates. A sizable company that apparently likes to play the 800b gorilla card....so beware when they preach family atmosphere and open door policies. Their actions and reputation say otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What concerns do have about MSC?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

First was called by a recruiter for a phone interview that took 30 mins. The recruiter called me 45 mins later than when she was suppose too. After the phone interview I was invited for a face to face. I sat waiting for 30 minutes waiting to go back to start interview. I was interviewed by two people who it seem like they were new to interviewing they read 50 questions off a paper. Basically the same questions reworded. The Interview took 2 hours then they had me do a walk through the warehouse even though they knew they were not having me back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Interviewed multiple ways, via phone and face-to-face, (total of 8 interviews), Interviewed with HR, hiring manager (several times), interviewed with three other managers, interviewed by VP and hiring manager again. HR reviewed the benefits on last interview. Process was long and time consuming. No regard for interviewers time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Several phone interviews with various managers in the department. Interviews lasted approximately 30 minutes to an hour. Some repetitive questions asked by different managers. Straight forward questions about my experience along with some questions regarding team building, etc.