MSC Industrial Direct

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

National Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, went through MSC's process which took literally 11 weeks. Including a 3 hour skills assessment test and phone call with a NYC Psychologist.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me 2 things that are not on your resume that should be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MSC Industrial Direct

National Account Manager Interview

Presented opportunity via outside recruiter. Fast tracked initially with a 1 1/2 hour phone interview with corporate recruiter in NY, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager. Along with online application, prior to face to face interview the applicant fills out a paper application. (Most likely to accept a background check). They do NOT drug screen. I was warned by outside recruiter that the process could take 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on schedules. Approximately 3 weeks after first contact I interviewed in person. (Business dress is expected, long with copies of resume and obviously pen and paper). It was at the person to person interview that I was told I was the first candidate of several that would be interviewed, something that my outside recruiter was unaware. I did provide a thank email / followup after the interview, which was NOT acknowledged. I was kept "in process" for another 2-3 weeks, until I challenged the outside recruiter to seek out an update. I was told, 2 months to the day of contact, that they were moving forward, which coincided with a mailed letter to that effect by the Corporate recruiter that day. Unprofessional and unnecessary process, in my opinion, given that they Corporate recruiter did not keep a supposedly "solid" candidate , and their recruiter, in the loop. It's their loss..

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer in the this position.
      (the outside recruiter offered a sampling of questions)

Answer Question