MSC Industrial Direct

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Telesales Account Executive Interview

Wood Dale, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in July 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through their web site and received an initial contact from HR a week later. The lady was helpful and lead me in the right direction. It took about 2½ weeks to get another call from an outbound telesales supervisor for a 1:1 interview. My resume seemed impressive enough to cut to the chase and within 20 minutes I knew it was a metric oriented job (phone time and # of contacts is monitored). Went to another interview a week later this time with a younger manager who was late and seemed to be drinking too much company cool aid.

Both explained benefits and reasons to grow with the company (401k, medical & dental insurance, profit sharing, job advancement, etc..) yet the atmosphere seemed very cookie cutter and stale by the variety of wrinkled up shirts. Office environment is bright and looks very new.

Interview Question – What are your selling points?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – When applying for fix salaried sales jobs it's important to realize a full potential to be earned if an annual goal is met (base salary + bonus - taxes = net income). Both managers were not very open to to this but willing to give the regular mumbo jumbo such as uncapped, month-to-month, and performance based. The base salary was $10k less than my previous job. Felt it was very entry level and not a good fit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at MSC Industrial Direct

Worked for MSC Industrial Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MSC Industrial Direct Telesales Account Executive interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MSC Industrial Direct employees and interview candidates.