MSC Software Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.9

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software.

They called me after reviewing my resume. Invited me in and asked me questions about my resume and coursework. Lots of friendly people and smiling people so I think they wanted to make sure that who they hire was a good fit. There was a wide range of ages in the office space but seemed like there were many in their 40s or 50s.

Interview Questions
    Since this was an internship position, they just told you what the wage would be. I don't think it would be appropriate to try to negotiate on the number.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software in November 2013.

Two phone interviews
    Typical behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions
    • We have contacted your peers, what do you think they stated about your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
    Low ball offer
    Countered the offer
    They accepted the offer...to quickly probably should have countered higher!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at MSC Software.

Initial communication occurred through email, via school networking. From there resume was submitted following a formal application. Next proceeded to an interview.

Interview Questions
    • In general, describe how you would go about solving a problem, you don't know how to solve. Was very difficult due to the vagueness of the question   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software in April 2013.

Several rounds starting with experience interviews, technical interviews, behavioral & past successes, and finally business case proposal.

Interview Questions
    • What are challenges you face where you are unable to overcome adversity?   Answer Question
    Not overly difficult if you know what you're doing. Management is reasonable with a good understanding of general offer packages.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Phone Interview.

PD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MSC Software in November 2011.

handed the resume to an alumni who worked there, and scheduled the interview the following day. I was given 3 dates to choose from. the interview itself was super casual, and the manager did most of the talk. received the offer on Friday as the manager promised.
    Talked a little about golfing and sailing in the middle of the interview, which helped me relaxed, and made the process fun.

Interview Questions
    • the most interesting question I got was where you saw yourself in 5 years. Kind of interesting to get that since they had no intention to hire a full time.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software in March 2013.

after phone interviews twice, director interview.

Computational Scientist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software.

Typical engineering interview: presentation (Master or Ph.D. thesis) followed by long Q&A session.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Implement a functor and show a case where one would use it.
      (2) Explain the Facade design pattern.
        Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MSC Software in September 2008.

Very professional and friendly. Focussed on past experiuences and knowledge of MSC's business.
    First phone interview with Director
    Second face to face with same DSirector
    Third interview with Senior Director
    Fourth interview with VP
    Job Offer one week later - no option to negotiate salary but reasonable

Overall experience was very professional. The interview lasted about 5 hours in total and I was impressed with the amount of time senior management devoted to the process.

Interview Questions
    • Wher do you see MSC in it's industry standing in 5 years ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MSC Software in June 2010.

First conversation was with Stephen Combs, Recruiter working for Symphony Group. He was on time, approachable, bright, open and willing to share candid information about the opportunity and company strengths and weaknesses. Next step was to meet with the hiring manager and CEO, Dominic Gallelo. He was engaging, enthusiastic, honest and kind. An inspiring leader in a very challenging company. Next step was to fly to Irvine and meet the remainder of his staff including CFO,VPSales,GC,VP Engineering,etc. The assistant was efficient and all meetings happened on time and the staff was open, willing and embracing of me as a candidate and willing to be frank and open about the challenges and opportunities. Each exec was impressive and experienced and open to doing things in new ways.

Interview Questions
    • Given what you know, why would you want to accept this position?   View Answers (2)

The actual HR work that was required and in the planning phases was not aligned with my areas of interest and I was concerned about the potential interaction with their private equity partner in areas that would require further investment to effect a turnaround in their business.

Worked for MSC Software? Contribute to the Community!