MSC Software Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MSC Software in February 2015.

The interview was about 2 hours long. We discussed the specific project I would be working on, who I would be working with and under, what my responsibilities might be, and what my interests were. We then discussed skills and questions that would directly apply to the job I was hired for.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions required knowledge of how memory works.   View Answer

Product Development Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MSC Software in February 2015.

Two rounds for interview. The interviewers in the first round mainly asked about questions in my resume, programming history etc. It was very casual and the interviewers even talked about the history of their code. And in the second round, some technical questions are asked, e.g. how to represent the shear deformation in the element; what's the advantage of meshless methods in simulating fragmentation etc. Phone interview only.

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software in December 2014.

Process consisted of 4 rounds technical and one HR interview. The technical rounds proceeded from average to difficult conducted by consequently with people of increasing experience. The evaluation mostly stuck to my resume, past experience and proposed work. Software and development interviews involved solving puzzles, data structure and algorithms problems.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions involved 1. Split a large linked list into two. 2. Reverse a large linked list. the space and memory orders and efficiency. 3. Design patters. express one design pattern in another format etc.   Answer Question

Adasm Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software in March 2014.

Got informed by a friend of the opening. Contacted the manager by email with resume attached. An interview problem was assigned. I was asked to complete to problem using Adams in a day and bring the results for the interview on the next day. Talked with the manager and VP for a while.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software.

They called me after reviewing my resume. Invited me in and asked me questions about my resume and coursework. Lots of friendly people and smiling people so I think they wanted to make sure that who they hire was a good fit. There was a wide range of ages in the office space but seemed like there were many in their 40s or 50s.

Interview Questions
    Since this was an internship position, they just told you what the wage would be. I don't think it would be appropriate to try to negotiate on the number.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MSC Software.

Initial communication occurred through email, via school networking. From there resume was submitted following a formal application. Next proceeded to an interview.

Interview Questions
    • In general, describe how you would go about solving a problem, you don't know how to solve. Was very difficult due to the vagueness of the question   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Phone Interview.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software in November 2013.

Two phone interviews
    Typical behavioral interview questions

Interview Questions
    • We have contacted your peers, what do you think they stated about your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
    Low ball offer
    Countered the offer
    They accepted the offer...to quickly probably should have countered higher!

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software in April 2013.

Several rounds starting with experience interviews, technical interviews, behavioral & past successes, and finally business case proposal.

Interview Questions
    • What are challenges you face where you are unable to overcome adversity?   Answer Question
    Not overly difficult if you know what you're doing. Management is reasonable with a good understanding of general offer packages.

Computational Scientist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MSC Software.

Typical engineering interview: presentation (Master or Ph.D. thesis) followed by long Q&A session.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Implement a functor and show a case where one would use it.
      (2) Explain the Facade design pattern.

Answer Question