MSCI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analytics AQ Engineer Interview

Analytics AQ Engineer

Interviewed at MSCI

Interview Details – First round, phone interview with team leader. Asked about binomial tree, VaR and Ito's Rule. Second round is a take-home test. There are 3 problems and you need to finish it in 3 days. Not easy. Hand in report and MATLAB code. I'm still waiting for the result.

Interview Question – Price an vanilla option using 3 methods and the data provided. Send in the answer along with coding.   Answer Question

Analytics Consulting and Client Service Interview

Analytics Consulting and Client Service
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSCI in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial HR Phone Screen lasting 30 minutes in which they asked background questions. Basically looking for you to hit keywords and such. Next round was a Phone Interview with the hiring manager. He asked rather detail oriented questions regarding the job description. Analytical questions in which how you analyze data sets and or your experience working with such data. The way the interviews work is you're in contact with the HR rep assigned to you, and the interview process is facilitated through him or her. Mine called me to ask me what the next steps were. The hiring manager told me that the HR rep would let me know of the next steps. The HR Rep said he would check with the hiring manager and I have never hear back since.

Interview Question – Technical questions regarding holdings based risk analysis.   Answer Question

ESG Consultant/Account Manager Interview

ESG Consultant/Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MSCI in March 2014.

Interview Details – Originally submitted my resume online and wasn't contacted. Connected via LinkedIn with someone on the ESG team and mentioned I had applied and was subsequently contacted in a few days by a Senior Recruiter. This led to a series of phone interviews. My initial phone interview was with the hiring manager. The next conversation was with her boss out of London. The next phone conversation was with another member of the team out London. I was eventually invited into the local office to interview with someone on the ground and had an powerpoint presentation to present their IVA product to the team in Boston and London via video conference. Received an email a few days later mentioning they decided not to proceed further.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent book you've read? Why did you read it? Would you recommend it to me?   View Answer
  • Explain to me in detail some common themes taking place in ESG research today.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MSCI.

Interview Details – From recruiter got an email, then called. And called. And called.

Disjointed connecting for the interview, then at office, errant mtgs, and not always professional receiving staff or interviewers. Parking was an issue too, but those things you can adapt to, when given the right info. Just a disorganized and tense office.

Interview Question – Comparing two codes and suggesting new programs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very short, because they were finally in a time crunch and realized my experience.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MSCI.

Interview Details – It's a long process. You'll interview with representatives from each team (usually 2 or 3 at a time) for 30-60 minutes at a time. My interview took 4-5 hours altogether.

Interview Question – I don't remember specifics, but there were a lot of logic based questions, typically tied in with how you would implement it in code. There will also be some technical questions about your coding ability along with some implementation. It struck me as Google-esque.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Intern Interview

Quantitative Analyst Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MSCI.

Interview Details – Three rounds. Phone interview for half an hour, very technique written test, and final round for three hours phone interview.

Interview Question – About Credit VaR   Answer Question

Vice President Applications Development Group Interview

Vice President Applications Development Group
Norman, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MSCI in September 2012.

Interview Details – Expect multiple interviews (5 or more is not uncommon) and each interview session will have at least half a dozen people interviewing you, either one-on-one or in pairs. For technical positions, you should be prepared for a technical interview in a group setting, and problem-solving questions (some have no right/wrong answers). The company wants to know how you approach a problem.

Interview Question – There was a question about people standing in a row and had different colored hats. You can only see the color of the hat in front of you. I think it's similar to the Wikipedia question: "Prisoners and hats puzzle"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not typically negotiate salary. You may be able to get a tiny bit more, but that's about it. They will just go on to the next candidate. I think you should still try. If the hiring manager is in a pinch, you might get lucky.

ESG Rating Analyst Interview

ESG Rating Analyst

Interview Details – 2 round desk research and 3 round of conference calls~

Interview Question – about my awards   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MSCI in February 2010.

Interview Details – Disjointed with a lot of waiting between calls. Then group interviews and couldn't find places. No real help because no visible office managers. HR not really existent except for one person who was grouchy and encased in office, surfing net. Really disorganized office. And a long time for any follow up after the meetings.

Interview Question – Trends and data switch on sales - what do yu see in NOrth American and EMEA markets?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at MSCI

Interview Details – two people interviews, one hiring manager, one vp

Interview Question – what do you see the future development of technology   Answer Question

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!